The Network of Uploaded Minds applies for acceptance

This subforum is for passed applications past.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Anonymous wrote: I meant it as "in posting unneeded lengthy posts in order to gain advantages" not as in "postcount hunting". but okay, that's it. The test is over and I wait for the notice how badly I failed...
...There is no such thing as a post that's too long.

As for failing, I don't think it was that bad. I'd pass you. But then, I'm not a tester presently.

So *prods Metallinauts, Tor, Blasea, Jordaxia, or any other of our numerous testers.*
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

I can grade it here and now if you want me to, since everyone seems busy, and we're both online right now, CF...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Hrm.
Actually, this is really hard to grade, which is why it's taken me a day. That said, let's try and get this done.

Scenario 1: I liked it. That said, some of it was hard to read, a facet that is consistent amongst your scenarios. That said, it doesn't make them impossible to read, and on the whole, I can read it fine first time, it's only occassionally I have to read more than once. As for your answer, it was perfectly acceptable, and, from what I've seen on NS, very original. 91%

Scenario 2: Since my primary criticism is that it can be hard to read, and I've mentioned it, it would be churlish to do so further. That said, I felt there was un-necessary amounts of detail regarding the whole server thing... lots of words I just didn't understand. Sometimes I got the feeling of technobabble being more than the writing. Again, however, it was of a very high quality. 89%

Scenario 3: This scenario I liked. Handled well, written to an acceptable standard... I don't really have much to say on it, actually. 91%

As such, your scenario is a pass. Welcome to the r-ESUS. Your account should be validated soon.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Account activated.
UploadedMinds
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by UploadedMinds »

Great! :)
"We need a new legal concept of what it is to be a person. One that can cope with sentient corporations, artificial stupidities, secessionists from group minds, and reincarnated uploads."
-Bob Franklin from Charles Stross's Accelerando
UploadedMinds
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by UploadedMinds »

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum

WTH?
"We need a new legal concept of what it is to be a person. One that can cope with sentient corporations, artificial stupidities, secessionists from group minds, and reincarnated uploads."
-Bob Franklin from Charles Stross's Accelerando
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I forgot to add you to the usergroup, it should be fixed now.