The Network of Uploaded Minds applies for acceptance

This subforum is for passed applications past.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Apologies. I've had significant RL interference.... and it seems that RL strikes everyone at once, because nobody else has sprung into action.

Since nobody does well on the first scenario unless they've taken the tests before, I'll be unusually detailed in my specifications. You should note that since you've not provided any information on the specifics of your nation, there are limits to how personalised I can make your test. Change your nation as necessary to cope with it, as these are all OOC, naturally. The tests aren't for you to detail your nation (though that's not disallowed), however, but to show the absolute BEST of your RPing skill. As such these posts should be SIGNIFICANTLY lengthier than what you might otherwise expect to write. This is a self-contained one post RP. You will RP both sides in the course of the post, and it will begin and end. Do not change the question or you will not pass. Make any assumptions you have to. Deus Ex Machina or other cop-outs will not be accepted as passable RP unless they are justified excellently. You will have one month per scenario, so there is no rush. Extensive dialogue is required so that I can get a good all-round feel for your capability. If you have any questions, or require any more detail, request it and I'll expand as necessary.

Scenario 1 of 3: This is the diplomatic scenario. There should be no actual combat. Hacking, threats, and allusions to violence are perfectly acceptable, naturally.

The main industrial leaders of your society have launched a coup of several sectors of your nation, taking control of more than half of your production capability. They do not at present hold popular support. RP a diplomatic envoy using all the skills at his disposal to resolve the situation. Note that a "successful" outcome is NOT necessary. Should you decide to have the industrialists win, this is acceptable, as long as it is written excellently.

Again, should you have any questions, ask.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Yes, you may.

Remember that this test is not about your nation, it is about your OOC skill as an RPer. Make any modifications you have to to your nation to complete the scenario, nobody will take this as an accurate outline.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Scenario 2 of 3: The Combat scenario.

An interstellar power desiring to take the vast processing power of the Home of the Many has somehow cracked the encryption codes, and is inserting avatar-virii (ie it'd act like an invading army, securing vital parts of the network, etc) in order to transfer control of the processors to their command. RP the defense of your people as they repulse the waves of virii intent on destroying them, and the counter attack on their battlenet to render the enemy fleet incapable of further hostility.

(Er, hope I'm correct in assumptions I made.... like before, make any changes necessary, etc.)
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

of course you may. There's nothing wrong with submitting it in several sections, as long as they all fit together to form one whole post for me to judge.