ESUS Application

This subforum is for passed applications past.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: ESUS Application

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Neo-Mekanta wrote: Silly newblood. That's what the Facehuggerians thought. Now they piss themselves if you say "Achidna" around them.
*Shudders*
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Zerstorendar wrote:Though I do have to wonder whether or not "drill-tipped tentacles" would be terrifying because they are tentacles, or rather because they are capable of boring through my face?
Mekantan interrogators, executioners, cooks, and game show hosts are rarely satisfied with simply violating the holes you already have. This is a short cut.

Central Facehuggeria wrote:*Shudders*
Do your people even remember that war? That was way back in PMT...

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Neo-Mekanta wrote: Do your people even remember that war? That was way back in PMT...
It's been so long that it's become a myth, but a myth that is still a part of the cultural consciousness. Even mentioning "Achidna" conjures up images of terrible war and depravity on an unimaginable scale in most Facehuggerians.

It's sort of like what happens when you mention Egypt today. Most people will think of pyramids, mummies, and possibly Moses. Few people know the details of ancient egypt, but most people know a few basic things.

Similarly, few Facehuggerians know the details of that war (even who it was fought against is mostly unknown outside of historian circles), but people know there was a terrible war that involved horrors best left unimagined.

Modern military officers and military-minded folks know the Achidna crater was caused by a simple kinetic bombardment, but to the populace at large, it's a place of mystical significance. The ghosts of long-dead people are said to haunt it late at night, and people tend to avoid it for fear of the percieved mystical power there.

The fact that the crater is an ideal haven for all manner of terrible native wild life doesn't help things, either.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Neo-Mekanta wrote: Do your people even remember that war? That was way back in PMT...
It's sort of like what happens when you mention Egypt today. Most people will think of pyramids, mummies, and possibly Moses. Few people know the details of ancient egypt
The Whole Slavery/Think they were Gods Kind of thing?
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Exactly. Egyptians didn't really practice much slavery, at least to the extent most people think (read: pyramids and tombs). That was reserved for the flood season, when you couldn't farm due to large amounts of water covering your fields.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

blaesa wrote:Exactly. Egyptians didn't really practice much slavery, at least to the extent most people think (read: pyramids and tombs). That was reserved for the flood season, when you couldn't farm due to large amounts of water covering your fields.
In other words, they built all that stuff over there because they had nothing better to do.
This won't end well.