Another Nation wishes to join.

This subforum is for passed applications past.
DemonLordEnigma (Guest)

Post by DemonLordEnigma (Guest) »

Orbez growled, her eyes blinking as she was shaken awake. It had been three weeks since she had helped destroy the most advanced ship produced by the DLE military. Of course, being as she had caused the destruction of a powerful warship and led seven ships to their deaths, she had been court martialed, only to be handed a promotion at the end of it. The only reason she was court martialed was it being standard procedure.

The court martial had been a joke, fitting in with DLE humor. The prosecutor was a chimpanzee, imported from Earth just for this occasion, while her defense attorney was a mime. The entire event was a mixture of Monty Python, History of the World Part 1, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and over a dozen other comedic works blended together to produce something no one could categorize, forget, or help but laugh at. In the end, Orbez was sentenced to be forcibly promoted, given a new ship as a temporary replacement until she could take command of a DLEX60, and return the chimp to the zoo it was rented from. She remembered laughing at Enigma accusing her of making a mockery of the court and Soybayun, who had served twenty years beyond retirement and was due to step down soon for health reasons, trying her best not to laugh as she reminded him he arranged the whole thing.

But now, she was being awakened by Leutenant Soylaba to take command of the ship, which was a DLEX50. Soylaba looked over at Captain Tet and frowned. Officially, it was against regulations for military personel to have certain types of interactions while on ships. Unofficially, the real reason it was banned was fears the ships did not protect against radiation enough to prevent it from mutating the fetuses. Plus, the country as a whole did not want to risk the mothers getting killed before they gave birth.

"Don't worry. I took a dose of Nesroprin. No dangerous mutations from radiation," Orbez said.

"Good. I would hate our diplomatic mission to be cancelled and you court martialed for real. I hope you've taken your vaccines recently. We're going on a diplomatic mission that may require face to face contact and we're not exactly informed on these nations," Soylaba said.

"Diplomatic? Explain."

"We're to go to a group called the ESUS and try to get a law passed. Our job is to get the information to various empires and get them to consider it. Resolution Thirteen comes into affect on this."

"Thirteen? One of the Soybayun Resolutions? Who are the nations on the Watch List?"

"Only a couple of unstable nations. But they are listed under nations to not interfere with under penalty of death. In fact, we don't even have ships near their borders, so our information may be false. Also, the nations of Balrogga and Siesatia are listed as part of this group. Balrogga we can contact directly through their embassy above Terrator, so that is one less ship we have to send. Oh, you've been invited to Soybayun's retirement. Apparently, she likes you."

"Prepare the Zeta Squadron to be sent. They are normally communications anyway, so this will give them a chance to show they are capable of dealing with things like a battle squadron. I'll type the message for them to use. Also, I'll send my acceptance to Soybayun personally. Someone with the Dictator's ear is someone I want to keep happy."

Orbez, grumbling, got out of bed and walked over to the computer in her room, beginning to type on it as soon as she reached it. Then, she shook herself awake, deleted the gibberish she had just typed, and began a real message. Finally, indicating for Soylaba to send it on, Orbez crawled back into bed, mumbling something about it being sent to the Balroggans as well.

Two hours later, with Soylaba having personally delivered the message to the Balroggan embassy, she gave the 59 ships that compose the Zeta Squadron their orders and where they were to head, watching them innitiate jumps with pride. Only 50 of the ships were required, but sending the whole squadron allowed for a few to be lost to unforseen accidents that tended to plague ships in the Dead Zone. Then, she smiled and began looking at condos on Terrator, wanting to secure her home on the beautiful planet rumored to be the jewel eternal of the DLE Empire.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Scenario #3: A premier military officer has defied direct orders to cease fire against a pirate ship. His bloodlust resulted in the deaths of six children on board, including one four year old girl, Nadia. Her remaining family have called for the execution or imprisonment of the officer. You must roleplay the judicial proceedings, and come to a verdict. The verdict will not affect your score. Make sure to fully describe the reasons why the officer did not cease fire. One post should be sufficient.
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
DemonLordEnigma (Guest)

Post by DemonLordEnigma (Guest) »

Korbayun walked down the hall, his hands restrained behind him and two guards at his side. At one time, he had been a respected captain known for his zealous, if sometimes overly so, persuit of a mission. Now, he was a criminal on trial for his actions.

As the guards and prisoner approached two huge oak doors, the doors openned to allow them entry to the throne room beyond. They walked into the ancient structure, once a Sarkarasetan building of unknown purpose but since converted to the ruling palace of the DLE Empire, and looked around at the gathered crowd and cameras. This would be an event televised and broadcasted over every medium DLE had at its disposal. It was rare to hear of someone being tried for causing an international scene.

Sitting on the throne was Soybayun, the current Ministress of Defense and chosen judge for this occasion. She looked much older than she actually was, her hair completely grayed from years of using her abilities and eyes looking tired. This would, most likely, be her last official duty before she retired.

Two tables were set up before the throne. The one to the right was the prosecutor, a hard-faced man looking over his notes and adjusting his suit. The one to the left was empty, since Korbayun chose to defend himself. It was to the empty table Korbayun was led.

"Prosecutor, read the charges," Soybayun said.

"Ministress, Korbayun is charged with destruction of a ship without cause, multiple cases of murder, disobeying a direct order, and causing an international incident that may lead to a war. I am seeking the death penalty," the prosecutor said.

"Present your evidence," Soybayun said.

"I have here the signed statements of several witnesses on his ship, each stating he recieved the order not to destroy the ship but that he did anyway. Also included are sensor readings, computer logs, and a copy of the order presented," the prosecutor said, walking up and handing Soybayun a stack of papers before returning to his table.

"What do you say to this, Korbayun?" Soybayun asked.

"Ministress, they were a pirate ship," Korbayun said.

"That is not disputed in the documents I have. Why did you disobey orders?"

"I told you. They were a pirate ship."

"Is that all you have to say?"

"No."

"Then answer the question before I sentence you!"

"The Soytechs have been testing our borders for years and you know it. We get tired of firing a few shots and watching them leave to some day do it again. I think it's about time we did something about it."

"And who are you to think you can change policy?"

"I'm one of the ones who fights on our borders year in and year out! I'm one of the ones who has lost good friends to these petty skirmishes! Who are you to say we can't kill them in self defense? Who are you to judge me for trying to end this futile pattern?"

The throneroom was silent for a few moments, Soybayun obviously trying to calm herself. As her face began to relax and turn back to its normal color, she looked around the room. She was reflecting, for a few moments, on her own youth.

"I am someone who once held the same position and same opinion. We have a treaty with the Soytechs for a reason. Without conflict, without the possibility of death, our nation may begin to stagnate and die. The price of advance is danger. It is overcomming challenges that we survive. It took me thirty years around Enigma to understand this. This continual cycle of violence and retreat was created by both sides to prevent us from beginning to decay from the inside," Soybayun said.

She paused, looking down for a moment, and then continued, "The people on that vessel included a family with a little girl named Nadia. She was just beginning her tenth year of life. For the ship, this was to just be a light battle with both sides retreating long before shields failed or serious damaged occured. You hunted down that ship and used your torpedos to destroy it. Before you leave this courtroom, I shall make it a point to show you her picture. In the meantime, I want you to meet her family."

Soybayun indicated into the crowd, watching as an elderly couple stepped forth at her beckons. They looked at Korbayun, their eyes holding a combination of hate and sadness, a look no one in the room would ever forget. Then, they stepped back into the crowd.

"I had no id..." Korbayun began.

"You should have followed orders! Ignorance is no excuse. I ask everyone in this room to raise their hands if they agree with guilty for a verdict," Soybayun said.

The hands of everyone, except Korbayun, rose into the air. Soybayun did not need to call for the other possible verdict, as she could see no one who wished the opposite. The verdict was settled with that very moment.

"Let it be shown the guilty verdict was unanimous, even including a few people who were not supposed to vote. No call for innocent was made because no one beyond the accused was left to vote for it. The sentence is death by sedation and being thrown out an airlock, to be carried out when the moon rises tomorrow evening. Court is dismissed," Soybayun said.

With that, Korbayun's guards led him out of the room and back to his cell. The crowd, now dispersing, was mostly silent. Soybayun remained on the throne, reflecting on her decision and wondering if it was the right thing to do, as Enigma and several others had did when making the same decision in the past. And, like them, she would not sleep well for the following week.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Not too bad. I give it a 95 overall. You're in. I think I already OKed your account.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."