Another Nation wishes to join.

This subforum is for passed applications past.

Another Nation wishes to join.

Post by Guest »

I, Dictator Enigma of the Most Serene Republic of DemonLordEnigma, wish to join. My nation is admittedly a small corporate police-state, as I enjoy the irony of comparing my nation's name to its reality, and I admit to being very new to the international community.

I am ready to go through whatever entrance examinations you have. If you wish to know any details, just ask and I will have the Ministress of Espionage deliver the requested information.

Post by Guest »

My reasons for joining, delayed a bit due to a computer problem, are such:

1) My young nation needs to make alliances to survive.

2) I wish to see if I can add anything of value to your group.

3) This will allow me an opportunity to try to gain respect while tryiing to help represent a respected group.

4) This gives me a chance to insure the single planet completely in my nation's territory can be colonized by trustworthy people.

5) To be perfectly honest, I need access to technology.

For some reason, my computer settings don't like this forum. I'm going to adjust them.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Sit tight. An RP tester will be with you shortly.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."

Post by Guest »

Last post was on the 21st of October. This is the 29th of November by my calendar. Request withdrawn.
DemonLordEnigma (Guest)

Post by DemonLordEnigma (Guest) »

It is amazing what happens when you leave your computer unlocked when family is over. I shall have to teach someone a lesson about messing with other people's electronics.

The request is currently not pulled, but the person who posted that has a point. It's been over a month. Patience may be a virtue to some, but I feel as though my entry is being treated as that of a fool. If you are to give the challenge, a reply before the new year would be preferred. If not, then let me know so I can stop wasting my time with the checks of this place for a reply.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

The current Senior Directors are being... inefficient... at finding new RP testers.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Indeed. I apologize. As such, I'll provide your RP test for the moment. You've got three scenarios which you must write out, so we can get a feel for how you write and what kind of player you are.

Let's begin:

Scenario 1: One of your most powerful experimental ships has been hijacked en route to its christening. Your only forces nearby are a few small and poorly armed patrol ships. RP the situation to its conclusion.

As always, big points for creativity.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
DemonLordEnigma (Guest)

Part One: Planning

Onboard the Terlator Selat Ubiton, better known as the Floating Piece of Junk with Cannons, the crew was just beginning their day. Captain Orbez was sitting on her bed, munching on a bowl of cereal, while Major Tet, who was in charge of weapons, was trying to solve three-dimensional crossword puzzles on his computer screen and, so far, was having problems with a six-letter word for "quadruped that makes a rough, loud, and sometimes piercing sound; often kept as a pet." He was now resorting to using a dictionary in hopes of finding the answer.

"Try 'canine'," Orbez said, using the barely-familiar English word.

"English? That explains why. I swear, why can't we stick to one language? Make them learn ours," the Major said.

"We can't. It'll take too long and English is more used," Orbez replied.

At that moment Leutent Soylaba, who was supposed to be on the bridge, ran in. Her round face, normally cheery, held an almost-frightened look. She handed a document to the captain and quickly exitted the room. Curious, Orbez read carefully, only to begin cursing at the top of her lungs.

"Calm down! What's going on?" Tet asked.

"We're to take all ships in the area and attack an experimental battlecruiser before it exits the Dead Zone and is able to use starmaps for navigation. It gets loose and we'll never find it," Orbez said.

"Battlecruiser? We have the tech to make those?" Tet was incredulous.

"It's experimental. The ship doesn't use shields because of a matrix of superconductive crystal inbedded in its armor. Hitting the body with our diruptors will, at best, only heat up the surface of the ship. How are we supposed to stop that?"

"Easy. Shoot it in the windows, engines, and guns."

"Huh?"

"Our ships come with three areas without armor: The engines, the weapons, and the windows. Shoot the engines and it can't go anywhere. Shoot the guns and it can't shoot back. Shoot the windows and you don't have to worry about shooting the other two. All we need is a place to ambush it at."

"Dyson's Logic."

"What? Are you crazy?!? You want to take us that close to a black hole? With that thing, if the black hole and debris don't kill us, the ion storms will! That's suicide!"

"Who will the ion storms target? Our small ship or a massive ship with a hull covered in gravitons?"

Tet sat there, silent, feeling shocked at the plan. It was so easy, so cheap, crazy, and very likely to get them all killed. Which, of course, meant it was going to succeed. Such was the life of a DLE soldier.

"How many ships we got for this?"

"Eight. We'll lose one or two to an energy arc from Dyson's logic when we arrive, but the rest should last just long enough for us to strike against the battlecruiser. I expect heavy losses."

"We're going above what I have heard described as a giant hurricane in space that sends energy arcs out capable of destroying a small planet to fight a ship that has us outarmored and outgunned in every concievable way while hoping to get a luvky shot that disables it and are going to do so with outdated and understaffed ships. If we come out of this alive I swear I'm going to find the mejnot whose bright idea it was to stick us out here and kill them."

"So, shall we?"
DemonLordEnigma (Guest)

Please excuse the post being split. I am unsure of the posting limits of this place, the previous was long, and the second part is best read as a whole.

Part 2: The Execution and Chaos.

Location: Dyson's Logic, a giant purple dust cloud in space. At its center lies a black hole, slowly sucking the dust cloud in. Due to properties of the dust, the cloud has swirled in a hurricane pattern and constant energy arcs and ion storms result from the radiation the black hole is putting off. Every once in awhile an ion storm or an energy arc shoots out into empty space, damaging anything they come across. Despite the danger, it is a popular stop of DLE ships on their way to the rest of the galaxy.

About a million kilometers from Dyson's Logic the spacem began to bubble and boil, almost like plastic being heated on a stove. Then the bulges snapped back into place, eight ships appearing. The ships were DLE PL3X40s, a variation of the Siesatian P3X40 altered to accept DLE Jump Drives. The ships appeared to shine in space, the photons built up on their shields from the jump beginning to disperse, and they sped towards the whirling cloud of purple death.

Much to the surprise of the DLE ships, space much closer to the hurricane in space bubbled for just a second, revealing their target as it snapped into place. Anyone who could have listened to what was going on in the DLE ships would have heard much laughing, as the target ship appeared to be a PL3X40, only twice the size in proportions and with no visible weapons. The laughing stopped when a panel on top of the ship opened and a small turret popped out, which took aim at them and began firing. Unsurprising to anyone, it kept missing at that range.

"Well, so much for the standard five minutes of meaningless threats and calls of surrenduring. I like these people already. We need to get them within range of the energy arcs. This means hit and run. Let's do this," Orbez said.

The eight ships broke formation and sped towards the battlecruiser, firing as they approached. Most of the shots missed, as they were not intended to do damage, and the ships sped by it. The battlecruiser, unable to resist the temptation, decided to give chase, though it was decidedly slower and less maneuverable.

"Amateurs. They have no clue what they are doing. No one who knows anything about this follows that easily," Orbez said.

Then, at that moment, the clouds of death decided to give their own surprise, in the form of two energy arcs. One struck a DLE ship, the ship exploding in a bright flash of orange and green, while the other struck the stolen battlecruiser. To the surprise of everyone, the battlecruiser showed no signs of damage and continued to follow.

"Find the mejnot who set the range limits of the energy arcs and toss him out an airlock. Damage on the battlecruiser?" Orbez asked.

"Sir, their Jump Drive is not operational. The energy arc scrambled the computer. It'll take them a couple of hours to repair. Oh, dodge that cannon of theirs. It's rapidfire and will quickly drain our shields," Soylaba said.

"We must stop them completely. Send orders to our fleet to attack. They are to open fire, dodge to the best of their ability, and disable the ship. Preferably, we will also take out the crew," Orbez said.

The seven DLE ships turned and ran straight towards the stolen craft, their disruptor cannons opening fire. As they approached, they noticed the turret was unable to accurately target approaching ships, as the shots kept going wild. However, as one ship flew over it, the disruptor cannon followed the ship, taking the opportunity to open fire. Unknown to any of the DLE ships, a second panel on the bottom of the ship had opened, revealing a missile launcher bay and a device designed to launch three missiles at once, which immediately launched the missiles it had. At the same time the DLE ship targetted by the turret lost its shields and was destroyed by disruptor fire, three others were struck by the missiles and also take out. The four orange fireballs heralded doom for those remaining.

"Tell all ships to target the armor. Have one target the bridge. If we're lucky, we'll overpower those crystals," Orbez said.

The ship that obeyed the order to target the bridge found itself at the mercy of the turret, as the turrest targetted it first. This bought time for the Floating Piece of Junk with Cannons and the last ship to maneuver in behind the ship and open fire with their disruptors, watching as the battlecruiser's armor quickly heated up under the pressure. Just as the DLE ship targetted by the turret felt its shields go down, the spot targetted by the other overheated and blew, allowing the ships to open fire on the insides of their target. The turret swivelled around and opened fire on Floating Piece of junk, but not in enough time to save its engines from being rendered inopperative. The battlecruiser began to slowly float towards the black hole, now crippled.

As the Floating Piece of Junk tried to dodge out of the way, the battlecruiser began to deploy its missile launchers once more, only to be surprised as the one ship not fired upon took the opportunity to cruise towards the missiles and open fire. The missiles, never having a chance, added their green deaths to the fireworks display. The battlecruiser's main method of mass destruction was now disabled, leaving the turret that had caused just as much trouble.

The ship that took out the missile launcher decided to make a run on the turret, only to find itself targetted by the targetted weapon and forced to attempt a retreat, ending its existance as a bright orange display. The turret turned towards the unshielded ship targetting its bridge and, with one volley, turned the ship into debris. Now it had only the Floating Piece of Junk to worry about.

"Sir, they sent us a text message. They wish us to withdraw and have pointed out how easily their cannon can take us out. Your orders?" Soylaba asked.

"Tell their captain his mother smelt of elderberries and his father was a brick," Orbez said, executing a plan that suddenly entered her mind.

The Floating Piece of Junk sped towards the battlecruiser, arcing itself to come up from beneath on the side facing away from the black hole. The turret, trying its best to stop the crazed fighter, proved useless. Onboard the DLE ship Orbez gritted her teeth as sparks flew and the ship shuddered with failing shields, but had a grin on her face as the impact of armor and shields with armor sent the battlecruiser spinning straight towards the black hole, its turret now abandoned in favor of desperate attempts to get the engines working.

Then as if to reward the DLE ship for its efforts, a single energy arc struck the stolen and heavily damage ship and turned it into the final firework of the day.

"Was the Monty Python reference necessary?" Soylaba asked.

"No, but it felt good," Orbez said.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Not too bad. Not bad at all.

When you deem to be finished with this scenario, here is the second one: There is a particular bill that you want passed in the ESUS senate. Describe how your characters go about soliciting support amongst the other ESUS members.