A Little Talk

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

If you want my maneuver to happen after his action, I will wait. If you want it the other way, I can post once I get off this cell phone and home from work so I can use my PC and Word. It is hard to post using cell phones and typos are inevitable (sorry).

Before the war, we both encountered each other defending a couple small nations from a 2003 warmonger. Now it seems we are both about to do the same with Asfaltum & Ganoxia from the GE. Funny how things come full circle.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Well, ICly, I can't really justify a treaty at the moment: From an Otagian perspective, we're A) Winning, and B) Under attack, which generally means QUETZAL goes into genocide mode. He's rather pragmatic however, so he would support an alliance of convenience. Probably would start shooting as soon as it was no longer necessary, but still...
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

HAY GUISE...

Would THIS work for a way to bring the war to an end?

I mean, Abh, you're aware of the previous conflict with the Shivans, right? Say, for instance, a large threat loomed over all of us in the form of a massive Shivan armada not in the hands of a certain OOC Control Wanker who shall remain nameless and whose diety I hope drives him off NS again.

"Hmm, if our forces are divided fighting against us, these Shivans are going to rape us like an all-girls Japanese high school being invaded by tentacle demons. Especially since we aren't noticing the boarderline obscene level of number wank and thus aren't ignoring our new threat. How about a truce, so we don't get our asses driven into the dirt by these guys."

"Oh yeah, and it's a damn good thing they don't have those fucking subspace shields. Seriously, what the fuck was up with that shit? And their previous player had the balls to bitch about things he wasn't prepared for?"

Yes, yes, I know. A plan so full of holes a tentacle monster would have trouble plugging all of them, but 'tis an idea that involves no loss of face for either side, ne?

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Neo-Mekanta wrote: "Oh yeah, and it's a damn good thing they don't have those fucking subspace shields. Seriously, what the fuck was up with that shit?

Damn!

*still has stockpiles of bomb-pumped gravy gun warheads from the last Shivan War*
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Personally, I think the easiest way to end the war would be some sort of.. well, don't call it capitulation. But concession by the GFFA, rather. Something that wouldn't impact on your actual activities around the area, but would give the impression of being forced to the table by war exhaustion, and.. well, doing a bit as Germany did in WW1. They hadn't technically 'lost', but nor did they have the resources to win.

I'd see a peace treaty probably assess a fair debt to the GFFA (Not Versailles-punishing, but enough to make you spent a few weeks RPing as if you're under a few tight economic terms), and perhaps another promise never again to take hostile action against the ESUS, bound tightly by red tape.

As economic action isn't really something most people find overly interesting, and since I doubt you're intending to cackle evilly and invade the ESUS as soon as we sign a peace, they're terms that, for the most part, seem fair.

There'd probably have to be some sort of military clause - possibly military observers aboard GFFA ships for a length of time, and some disarmament (say, 1 ship out of every 5, or something else that can be replenished).

It's something I just thought of, arbitrarily, but the point is that the single GFFA victory in this war has been the destruction of the Maker-Mind - and, when you get right down to it, most ESUS nations were probably aware that they were included in its plans to exterminate life from the universe, so they wouldn't be overly perturbed by its loss.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Abh
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: Empire of
Name: Thrashia

Post by Abh »

Yes I am familiar with the Shivan wars and having another one coming about to try and kill us all would be a fairly decent way to get the whole outside threat idea covered. Problem is, who will RP the Shivans attacking us?

It would be hard to get the GFFA to the treaty table now as it has already been tried once and failed due to the conditions that were being offered. The next time, they won't even bother nor should they at the moment. Those still fighting would have no reason to surrender so easily and allow observers on any of their ships. If I remember correctly, Germany had been pushed out of France and back into Germany at that time. For all extensive purposes, they were losing and they bent over backwards for the Americans so they could speak with them at a negotiating table. Slightly different situation here. True no one might miss the Maker-Mind, but that also means there won't be a thousand of these little ships popping up to be a pain in the arse.

Bal, you can reply whenever you get a chance.
I think I only got involved in the last one because SQ asked me to help him out.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Abh wrote:Yes I am familiar with the Shivan wars and having another one coming about to try and kill us all would be a fairly decent way to get the whole outside threat idea covered. Problem is, who will RP the Shivans attacking us?
I will, given that I'm the owner of the Shivan Worldfleet.

However, I'll no doubt look for people to share the burden (and posting responsibility, kee hee hee) for the sake of defusing balance arguements, reliability, and my own selfish laziness.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

If I remember correctly, Germany had been pushed out of France and back into Germany at that time. For all extensive purposes, they were losing and they bent over backwards for the Americans so they could speak with them at a negotiating table.
Ehhh... it was more-or-less a realist situation. They may've been pushed back, but, now the US had entered the war on the side of the Entente, they didn't have the resources to continue fighting on for three or four more years.
Slightly different situation here. True no one might miss the Maker-Mind, but that also means there won't be a thousand of these little ships popping up to be a pain in the arse.
Of course, but it may not have been considered a major victory for the GFFA by many on the ESUS side, which is what I'm pointing out.

And the Germany situation was showing extremes - yes, Germany was losing, but she also signed a massively damaging treaty. This, however, would be something a lot less restrictive and.. well, damaging.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

I can't shake the feeling another shivan war just wouldn't come together well. That said, the biggest problem comes in wrapping up a lot of threads from the battles into something acceptable. For example, the battle over Kendari with the entrance of Trailers and a ton of new reinforcements for us -> never resolved. The kendari conflict in general -> not resolved. etc.

That's the problem here. Having another shivan war feels tacky to me at least, even if it was roleplayed fantastically. Plus there is still the fact we've got crippling inactivity and general boredom with NS, something another war after a failed war isn't going to fix in my mind.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;>
Abh
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: Empire of
Name: Thrashia

Post by Abh »

The problem with the Kendari thread is that I do not think it's going to ever finish. I mean Kendari has only JUST resurrected his nation so I don't know how you would want to take that one. I wasn't really involved until you were all supposed to move on to the second system but that unfortunatly never took off.

The thread I'm working on with Godular, Balrogga, and Otagia will eventually finish though who walks away the victor is still far from being decided.

You guys might not consider the fall of the Maker-Mind a huge victory for the GFFA but we really don't think the loss of Xanthal is much of a tragedy for us either. (No offense Xanthal if you still read these boards...) It only really pisses the Abh off ICly.

So the problem still remains of how to bring a failing story line to a decent and acceptable closing. I'm afraid trying to bring the GFFA to the treaty table now would not exactly work. Unless you have a thousand death stars and point them all at our major population centers, then perhaps we will talk. At the moment it looks like it will eventually fade off into nothingness.

EDIT: This is for my own curiosity. Mekanta, what the heck is that Sig from man?