The GFFA are appealing for a cease-fire

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.

Cease fire against the xeno fatties?

Yay
22%
Nay
67%
Abstain
11%

Total votes: 18

The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

They're offering to pay reparation costs, and will consider any other terms we propose.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Have them start their thread, demand complete disbandment of their armed forces to a level determined by us (something like the Treaty of Singapore, I'd think, I'll look for a copy). No power outputs of such and such a level, complete oversight by ESUS observers, etc. They'll either accept such terms (and thus we win), or they'll balk and we can keep shooting.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Let's wait until most of the ESUS has voted... while it is excessively unlikely that we'll go for peace, we can't rightly have a peace confrence and then backstab them if, in fact, the majority votes for peace.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Northrop-Grumman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Northrop-Grumman »

blaesa wrote:Have them start their thread, demand complete disbandment of their armed forces to a level determined by us (something like the Treaty of Singapore, I'd think, I'll look for a copy). No power outputs of such and such a level, complete oversight by ESUS observers, etc. They'll either accept such terms (and thus we win), or they'll balk and we can keep shooting.
I highly doubt they'd accept. The idea behind the ceasefire is that they want to avoid a two front war against both ESUS and GE and focus their efforts on the latter.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

I'd rather have a war ending treaty than a "cease-fire." The latter seems like it could be easily misconstrued and even more easily broken.
Penguenia
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Penguenia wrote:I'd rather have a war ending treaty than a "cease-fire." The latter seems like it could be easily misconstrued and even more easily broken.
I'd be willing to negotiate a peace treaty, if it included provisions for brutal crushing of their planets should they break it.

EDIT: And/or the surrender of certain systems, payment for reparations, opening of markets to ESUS corporations, restriction on military expansion in our direction, etc.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

I'd let them swear fealty to the Penguenian Empire while keeping total national autonomy :lol:

I'm totally serious here.
Penguenia
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

*shrugs*

I intend on Xiang-Dancos Corporation to eat their home construction corporations for breakfast, and be above their laws. Or else.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Also, they'd have to accept that Mindsetti fleets would patrol the outskirts of their systems now and again.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

I really don't like the idea of stopping the war just yet. Not until the esus has proven it's ready to crush them all. I propose we consider the offer after the kendari campaign is over.
;>