The GFFA are appealing for a cease-fire

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.

Cease fire against the xeno fatties?

Yay
22%
Nay
67%
Abstain
11%

Total votes: 18

Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Aye... but we should give them our terms first.

So how's about these:

Article I: 3/4s of the total GFFA population will be given as slaves to the ESUS. This is non negotiable, and will be considered the reparations for the barbaric and unprovoked GFFA attack.

Article II: The GFFA will never raise arms towards the ESUS again. In fact, the GFFA will never raise arms to anyone again, unless attacked first.

Article III: All GFFA governments will be 'investigated' by the ESUS, and should evidence of wrongdoing be found, replaced with ones of the ESUS' choosing.

Article IV: The GFFA is allowed no vessels larger then one thousand meters, and no more massive then a one cubic kilometer mass of iron. ESUS weapons inspectors will routinely inspect GFFA shipyards to ensure this is being adhered to.

Article V: The GFFA will destroy any weapons of mass destruction* in their inventory, and will halt research upon them.

*Weapons of mass destruction include anything capable of depopulating planets within one Sol-standard week, as well as biological or chemical weapons of any sort.

Article VI: The ESUS will agree not to annihilate the GFFA's members.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Seems just a BIT harsh. Tone it down so it's vaguely reasonable. Keep articles IV and V, though, and a slightly modified version of VI (ESUS and GFFA will cease all hostilities should do).
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

blaesa wrote:Seems just a BIT harsh. Tone it down so it's vaguely reasonable. Keep articles IV and V, though, and a slightly modified version of VI (ESUS and GFFA will cease all hostilities should do).
That's the point... we're winning. If they want to end the war, they pay our incredibly harsh penalties. :)
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Yes, but I want them to actually accept it :D. I'll be coming up with a draft shortly.

BTW, they did fire the first shot, yes? With that moon hitting 'Nauts planet? IIRC, we didn't start shooting until after that...
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

blaesa wrote:Seems just a BIT harsh. Tone it down so it's vaguely reasonable. Keep articles IV and V, though, and a slightly modified version of VI (ESUS and GFFA will cease all hostilities should do).
I thought the purpose was to make ridiculous demands, causing them NOT to accept it so we could continue the war, thereby meeting our demands anyway. Is this not so?

I reserve the right to be completely and fully WRONG.
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

blaesa wrote:Yes, but I want them to actually accept it :D. I'll be coming up with a draft shortly.
Why? We'll get the whole shabang after the war if we play our cards right. Besides... ending the war before we conquered even one system would be criminal! :P
BTW, they did fire the first shot, yes? With that moon hitting 'Nauts planet? IIRC, we didn't start shooting until after that...
I think so... HT was one of the first ones into combat, he would know more.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Why? We'll get the whole shabang after the war if we play our cards right. Besides... ending the war before we conquered even one system would be criminal! Razz
Oh, I know. I'm still aiming for the whole shabang, just in more legalese. :D
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Megas wrote:
I thought the purpose was to make ridiculous demands, causing them NOT to accept it so we could continue the war, thereby meeting our demands anyway. Is this not so?

I reserve the right to be completely and fully WRONG.
That was the plan as I understood it.
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

There should be a clause covering any nation that succedes from the GFFA in the future but participated in the war.
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Article I: All GFFA governments will be subject to ESUS oversight, with all decisions subject to approval by an ESUS representative before being instituted.

Article II: The GFFA and all its current members will never raise arms towards the ESUS again.

Article III: All GFFA governments will be 'investigated' by the ESUS, and should evidence of wrongdoing be found, the current administration will be immediately removed from office, and replaced by a new administration, the creation of which shall be subject to ESUS approval.

Article IV: The GFFA is allowed no vessels larger then one thousand meters, and no more massive then a one cubic kilometer mass of iron. ESUS weapons inspectors will routinely inspect GFFA shipyards to ensure this is being adhered to.

Article V: The GFFA is allowed no more than 500 armed vessels per member. ESUS weapons inspectors will routinely inspect GFFA shipyards to ensure this is being adhered to.

Article VI: The GFFA will destroy any weapons of mass destruction* in their inventory, and will halt research upon them.

*Weapons of mass destruction include anything capable of depopulating planets within one Sol-standard week, as well as biological or chemical weapons of any sort.

Article VII: The ESUS will cease all hostilities with the GFFA, and vice versa.

Article VIII: This treaty shall apply to all current and future members of the GFFA.