The GFFA are appealing for a cease-fire

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.

Cease fire against the xeno fatties?

Yay
22%
Nay
67%
Abstain
11%

Total votes: 18

Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

blaesa wrote:Or me. Tell ya what, I have dibs on New Dornalia, the communist bastards. I'll show them to hedge out REAL corporations. :D
Aww...I wanted him...Oh well, I guess I'll settle for Whyatica, if he ever decides to return to RPing...
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

The only problem is if we owned the GFFA through the treaty you want, then we would inherit the GE problem...
Northrop-Grumman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Northrop-Grumman »

Balrogga wrote:The only problem is if we owned the GFFA through the treaty you want, then we would inherit the GE problem...
Meh, I don't see a problem, but that's because I already ignore US and so do a few others.

*shrugs*
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

True, but the proposed nations that will become protectorates of the ESUS (the GFFA) still do.

and their members recognize other nations that are part of the GE which US runs...

Take the example of the CW/Mationbuds conflict that will possibly involve the GE and the GFFA. Members of both alliances will interact together and that will mean our "protectorates" will be attacked by members of an organization run by a player you don't recognize exists. If you don't defend your protectorate (one that you stripped of power to defend itself) then the rest of NS will view you as the same sort of nation that runs the GE. One that will take advantage of others and would give the ESUS a bad rep.

You see, if we do not defend the nations we weakened through treaties then we get a bad rep. We defend them, we can be seen as going back against the IGNORE Mindset has placed on the GE leader. again, that would affect our rep, the reason you wanted this wat in the first place, to give us a good reputation.

We are in a bit of a hard spot if a treaty goes through because of the GE baggage that comes along with any treaty we agree to.

I say let us fight it out a bit longer and then they can propose even better terms. My vote is NO.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Balrogga wrote:We defend them, we can be seen as going back against the IGNORE Mindset has placed on the GE leader.
'We' nothing. There has never been an ESUS ignore of US - Mindset's Ignore only applies to himself.

Personally I just maintain a policy of avoidance - Ignore is too... absolute, too inflexible, for my tastes.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

I'm in agreement with Kanuckistan, I don't think I've ever ignored anything... hell, I even humored one guy by letting him launch MT missiles at my FT nation's homeplanet almost 2 RL Years ago, and I'm STILL waiting for them...

Now, I don't see placing them under protectorate status as being an issue, US if he has any kind of a brain cell will realize his enemy has been vanquished with minimal losses to himself, and say, hey, good job... otherwise he's a complete retard.
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I never said anything about having them under protectorate status.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Indeed. All I want to do is rape their homeworlds and sell them as much crap as possible before the GE annihilates their crippled fleets.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Do whatever you wish.

I am only preachin' precaution and foresight. See what you want.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

The Mindset wrote:*shrugs*

I intend on Xiang-Dancos Corporation to eat their home construction corporations for breakfast, and be above their laws. Or else.
Not before UFS is through with them. :twisted:
Kanuckistan wrote:
Balrogga wrote:We defend them, we can be seen as going back against the IGNORE Mindset has placed on the GE leader.
'We' nothing. There has never been an ESUS ignore of US - Mindset's Ignore only applies to himself.

Personally I just maintain a policy of avoidance - Ignore is too... absolute, too inflexible, for my tastes.
Why shouldn't the ESUS as a whole ignore US?

At some point avoidance is not going to work anymore. Like isolationism, it's a strategy that MUST eventually fail.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}