The Campaign, Activity, and other stuff.

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

blaesa wrote: Oh, and Kanuck, saw your latest post. You do realise you're attempting to abduct the Lord Rahl, right? Wonder how a Mord Sith'll react when she realises her agiel isn't working due to ASPEW...

*googles*

Oh, ok. Not a StarWars-Sith then.

I've got some reading to do, but Sam's a Maverick - best of the best, in skill, augmentations, and kit.

She should do fine, but as I'd never heard of the source material befor now, any information you could provide would be appreciated.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Well, Rahl is really, REALLY good with a sword, and he's also a War Wizard (doesn't mean much with ASPEW in place, of course). The Mord Sith just pokes you with her agiel and it hurts as much as she wants it to hurt (up to and including instagib). Again, with ASPEW in place, not much to worry about. Kahlan would also be an issue if it weren't for the ASPEW.

Other than those three, can't really think of anything from The Sword of Truth that'll really effect you.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Well, ASPEW is self-effect only - it's not going to stop them from using magic, just keep any magical effects from affecting Sam.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Yes, well, pretty much all SoT magic tends to be offensive in nature. I don't believe I can remember a defensive use of magic in the entire series.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

I concur. Most SoT magics tend to be offensive/Stealth in Nature. The only way it could have been used "Defensively" was when they caused everyone to see a Mass-Halucination which caused the general Populace to think Kahlan was dead to ensure that she wouldn't be hunted for a brief period.

However, that isn't the kind of Active defence that would stop Sam anyway Kanuck, all the offensive stuff is pretty much nullified. Including largely the sword if the guy sticks with Canon of the series.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

blaesa wrote:Yes, well, pretty much all SoT magic tends to be offensive in nature. I don't believe I can remember a defensive use of magic in the entire series.
The thing is that, even with protection against direct use, many forms f magic can be used indirectly - a Jedi telekineticly throwing things at you, and many kinds of fireball are still hot/dangerous when striped of their magical component.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

True, but magical attacks in SoT can really be broken down into a few important subgroups: Wizards Fire, which loses its ability to consume anything once you strip away the magic; blades of air, which may or may not work without the magic, depending on where it stops working; and subtractive magic, which is essentially a delete button, which you won't have to worry about at all. So he can push things at you, drop things on you, etc, but it's not going to be nearly as useful as it normally would.
Tarot
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Tarot »

blaesa wrote:Yes, well, pretty much all SoT magic tends to be offensive in nature. I don't believe I can remember a defensive use of magic in the entire series.
Several times assorted wizards use walls of air to stop arrows. And the obvious defensive barriers (which, admittedly, are still deadly, but only if you step in them).
The Sleepy Little Ninja says:
want to impress that girl? SET HER ON FIRE
The Sleepy Little Ninja says:
we love it