The Republic

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.

Should we let the Republic enter the war?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

The Republic

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Now, no bitching, yelling, or incoherency. If anyone feels like it, don't.

However, being a member of the Republic as I am (Another of my famous puppets, in any case, and, in this particular case, it's more of a friendly gesture to Tal to help his alliance out of the rut of inactivity), I've seen this.

Look. Now, firstly, what's your opinion on this? I know it's a *closed* war, but logic says that that's to keep the n00bs out - Stopping people from using diplomacy to help their position in war, especially considering it will be diplomacy, (Not just 'hah we help!'), is something I've seen a completely legit move.

Now, firstly. It's twelve now, I need to go to school and do an exam tomorrow (Only an in-class one, and it's technically an assessment, but..), then I have a lot to do all tomorrow. I won't be back 'till late, so I want to post up a few pre-emptive answers to arguments people might have towards this.

Also, keep in mind this isn't definitive. It goes to a vote (Which I don't get to participate in, not being an elected Senator), and then only certain armies are raised. It might be good for one, two threads, tops.

The ESUS/GFFA war is a closed war! - Yes. Yes it is. But curtaining off a war completely destroys realism - and, as it stands, we have an overwhelming power advantage. The Republic, for the record, is tiny. Three, four nations, tops.

I don't want to RP with those guys, though! - You don't have to. As it stands, we have, say, at least ten active ESUS nations. Perhaps five active GFFA ones. Three active Republic ones - That merely gives us more people to RP with. If you're interested in going medieval on some new targets, and not waiting on the beleageured GFFA to post, or getting involved in more RPs where you simply couldn't before, here's your chance. On the other hand, if you're already involved, you don't need to be moreso.

Yeah. Essentially, it's not going to be a major factor. I'd rather see it accepted - as it's not going to make us lose. Hell, it'll probably give people more fun.

But the point is...well, yeah. Should we let them in? I'm for the idea. If anyone else is against, speak up.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Chronosia
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Chronosia »

I can vouch for Tal, he's a decent RPer who I've had some great artcs with, he's not afraid to take a beating and hes quite skilled. The others seem alright. I think it'd add a bit of depth to the war, since no war is ever clear cut, but we'd have to make it clear to the GFFA that its not an excuse to drag in every tom, dick and harry they want on their side.
Chronosia wrote:MalkavianDelirium: "You are a divine woman, but nevertheless a woman and like every woman cruel in love" says:
I just silenced Central Facehuggeria with a toothed penis.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

You would be inviting these guys to assist the GFFA then? Well, I suppose it's alright, if you can do as Chron says and make it so that the GFFA won't invite everyone who strikes their fancy.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

The only thing I wonder is if we somehow get the War turned around on us, can we ask other alliances to guard our home systems so we can free up defence fleets to strike back too?

The whole fairness for the goose and gander bit.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

If they'll let us do the same later if we really want, sure. I could use some more shooting going on, and we can crush two alliances with one stone. Plus, it gives me an excuse to expose their attempts at negotiations as the farce they were. It's all just more fuel on the fire. :D
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

blaesa wrote:If they'll let us do the same later if we really want, sure. I could use some more shooting going on, and we can crush two alliances with one stone. Plus, it gives me an excuse to expose their attempts at negotiations as the farce they were. It's all just more fuel on the fire. :D
Right. We have propaganda extreme. Although, seriously, who do we need to guard our home systems? It's changed the nature of the war from extremely overwhelming firepower, to frighteningly overwhelming firepower. It's not going to change our force distribution much.

...and not many alliances exist that are ESUS-less. If there's an alliance willing to help us which isn't already composed of 90% ESUS members.. I haven't seen it.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Their prescence really doesn't change anything, and their activity, or inactivity ultimately doesn't change anything either. AS it stands the GFFA's foolishness is allowing them to be beaten down one at a time ... adding the Republic is unlikely to change anything other than adding another speedbump.

Assuming we knock Kendari out of the war early that is. Which will happen in the next week I hope (assuming Kendari replies promptly), as I can post my demands, and then the trap to catch the Starenell and Beta Aurgian forces into the noose.
;>
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

If they do enter the war, it would be nice if we held fire until fired upon. Atleast assuming they don't make some big, public declaraction of war.