The Genocide Option- Planning for the worst case scenario

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: What's the use of an AOE so large? Unless the bomb generates some funky FTL shockwave, the enemy has twelve years to get away. :P

There is no use, and it's really a liability for the most part, but anything that can blow a star apart is going to mess up the stellar neighbourhood.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Even though I haven't really participated...

If you all really need planet slagging

Planet Busters (Rendering Planet uninhabitable or killing all life on it)

Mindsetti Kinetic Harpoons: Mindset already explained

Planetary Napalm- Self sustaining napalm off of atmospheric gases

UV Bathing Runs- Basically enormous versions of my Sunburn rifles except more concentrated to flash boil water create fir and death

Standard nuke the fuck out of shit plan

Planet Destroyers

I will divide it into to two sections for wanks and uber wanks....(you all know what I mean.

Temporal Tech(will not use these unless absolutely necessary)

Class 5 Temporal Disruptor- Several banks of these reside on the Equinox they erase entire chunks of worlds (or whole vessels or stations) by phasing them out of the time stream. These can total a world on minutes.

Tesseraction Array- This is the single greatest Temporal weapon ever made. It can kill a ship our an entire dimensional plain depending on the needs. (of course charge time and power needs would cause delays in the effectiveness of the weapon) Though it can also be used to transport things anywhere at any time.

Non temporal-
Pershing Accelerator- Mounted on the Serpentines it is a dimensional tear generator put a dimensional tear in the middle of a planet and I think we know what will happen.

Super lasers on Vanhelsing classes
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

I don't have any World Ending or Genocide Inducing Weapons, all I've got a Tactical Bombardment Lasers. They have a large enough yield to vapourize medium sized cities or chunks of large or planet cities, but not enough to blow up the whole planet.

Although all of this divulging information makes me wonder how I managed to avoid getting the Shit kicked out of my Capital System during the Civil War :P
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Torontonias wrote:I don't have any World Ending or Genocide Inducing Weapons

Sure you do!

Anything that can push a sufficiently large asteroid can kill all life on a planet, or failing that, numerous, smaller asteroids.

Or just nuke them - modern nukes will do, tho it'll take thousands.

I'm sure there are other things you can do - planets are surprisingly vulnerable. :D
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

See, that's the point. The TSDC stands for Torontonian Spatial Defence Commission, it was never really meant to go running off and slagging planets. Hense why they're usually so ineffective in combat.

What I'm getting at is that Torontonian ships don't carry Nukes, Torontonias doesn't even have Nuclear Capacities outside of some ancient Reactors (Fusion Reactors are the Norm). Come to think of it, Mainline Torontonian technology hasn't been updated in a few centuries (Because I've been overly too lazy over the past year to do much outside of RPing, plus I don't know anything when it comes to making up new fangled technologies)

Hense why I personally believe that Torontonias is the weakest state in the ESUS. Outside of Traditional Laser, Plasma and Kinetic Slug Throwers, the Torontonian armament isn't terribly impressive. I don't even know if Torontonian ships have the power to Push an Asteroid, they'd be more likely to just blow it to bits.

But yeah, I'm pretty peacible outside of major Alliance-wide engagements.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Pushing as asteroid isn't hard - at most it might take a while to move anything large enough to really hurt, but anyone with decent space propulsion can do it.

Nukes, well, any large bomb or missile will do(if it can hurt an FT capital ship, it'll devastate your average city), even your bombardment lasers - if all else fails, just level all their major cities and call it a day. :P
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

While currently Allanea is in a bit of an upheaval...

Thermostellar Devices - manipulates a star to fire something like the solar laser thing in Ringworld at a planet. Single-use, two or three days of studying the star are needed for the device. Melts the planetary surface. Allanea has all 24 of them.

Freighter loaded with nukes - bring freighter. Load 30 megatons of old-fashioned 500-kilo (weight) megaton-range (yield) warheads. Drop on planet. Self-evident.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

We don't destroy worlds... at least, not very often. :wink:

Temporal Tesserection Fields

Temporal fleet removes target object, planet, or sector from the timeline, seperating it and allowing it to exist in its own universe until it is dealt with on a later date.

Reis Judgment

See here:
http://www.esusalliance.co.uk/forums/vi ... .php?t=463
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

Kamui Bomb
In essence a massive electrolysis bomb, the device operates by detonating an electrical warhead just prior to exiting FTL over it's target world. Properly timed this will result in the premature collapse of an oversized FTL field into real space, resulting in the even distribution of electrical energy over a very large area. Because of the way in which the presence of matter inhibits this energies movement it is possible to produce an exact matter to energy ratio throughout the entire affected radius; in this case the ratio is that necessary to produce an electrolysis reaction in water. The result, aside form a tremendous electrical jolt on all non-aquatic materials (which possesses considerable destructive properties of it's own), is the instantaneous generation of massive amounts of hydrogen and oxygen, which will quickly combust. This will occur almost simulantiously across a hemisphere or more depending on the scale of the weapon used.
Unlike conventional explosives, the Kamui Bomb has the advantage of being fed by the atmosphere, rather then inhibited by it. Thus the explosion will be spread more evenly outward rather then being immediately forced into the upper atmosphere. It is also a very difficult weapon to thwart. Naturally the bomb is ineffective on worlds without large amounts of water, though variants designed to affect other common molecules do exist.

Barring that, we just glass 'em fleet style.
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Nobuseri wrote:Kamui Bomb

You do realise that, unlike in Batman Begins, this weapon would cause people to explode as the water in their bodies is flash-vapourised?