The Genocide Option- Planning for the worst case scenario

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Nobuseri wrote: Still, its far from the worst FT organism ever envisioned. The Beast from Homeworld: Cataclysm, for instance, could to the same thing in about an hour.
Yes, but the beast is not unbeatable. After the war, Hiigaran ships were somehow made immune to infection, and when the beast was first discovered, running a charge through the hulls of your ships seemed to reduce the rate of infection according to fleet intelligence. :p

They're still rediculously nasty though.

...Anyway, normal flood carrier forms don't spew spores into the atmosphere, they just spew infection forms into the area. Of course, this need not apply to AZN flood.

Anyway, I was actually thinking about killing flood recently, since for the past year or so I've been writing an X-Com-Halo crossover fanfic which features the flood as an antagonist. (Or ocassional ally.) I was thinking that one could kill the flood biologically/chemically, depending on how the flood work.

Assuming the Flood defeat all pathogens and such via a superactive immune response, you must merely 'trick' the system into attacking otherwise 'flood' cells.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

...Anyway, normal flood carrier forms don't spew spores into the atmosphere, they just spew infection forms into the area. Of course, this need not apply to AZN flood.
Actually, if you look carefully they do, but it dissipates so quickly after detonation that they're difficult to notice (the green haze.) Also 343 specifically mentions an 'atmospheric stage' in Halo, and points out the necessity of a pressure suit to deal with it. In Halo Deux we see what looks to be a flood saturated atmosphere on high charity, and an airborne contagion would help to explain the incredible speed with which the Flood were able to infest the ship.

Mind you this is all supposition, I don't have proof of any of this.
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Minagoroshi

'Nuff said.

The Zircon are also pretty suitable, given thier tendancy to glass worlds while on the surface, using said forces on the surface.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

*grins*

Kythons
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Xeno wrote:It just so happens that my evil filthy nation of chronomancers
Since when did you join the most hated group in NS history?
CF wrote:...Egads. You're like a benevolent and filthy chronomancing version of myself.
Actually that would be me :twisted: :twisted: :P
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Xenonier wrote:That said, It just so happens that my evil filthy nation of chronomancers do all wear power armour the moment they go outdoors, being the filthy chronomancers that they are.
...Egads. You're like a benevolent and filthy chronomancing version of myself.
Not quite. Metallinauts is the chronomancing nicer you, and Xenonier is the nation who seems like a bizzare combination of advanced technology, self parady, internet meme and a TRAGIC amount of extreme nerdiness. You're evil and vengeful and distrustful of Xenos, metallinauts is a little nicer, Xenonier is just fucking insane :wink:

And Metallinauts, I've always screwed about with Temporal technology, for a looooong time so I could make defenses against it. Don't remember exact dates tohugh.
;>
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Either case welcome to the zone that ends you the unending hate of the Arizona Novanian half of Ile Sorne
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

People for the Crusade are hard at work on the other half, don't you worry. :P
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}