Fraggin' worlds - some requests

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Fraggin' worlds - some requests

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

The Realm has returned. And, with it, it brings the strength needed, as well as the will, to destroy worlds for peace. Although that's somewhat of a misnomer, I don't really care.

Essentially, I want a list of worlds that could easily be overwhelmed by a few RKVs, perhaps nuclear weaponry, massive long-range bombardment.. minimal-effort, maximum-death effects. Although the rest of the GFFA has apparently been kidnapped by Mekanta, and are thus inactive, I feel a touch of action at this point could really restore the war.

Case-in-point, losing a few ESUS worlds would not only give us a reason to fight on more brutally, but it would also make the GFFA a credible enemy. Instead of putting this down in the history books as 'the ESUS got pissed. We went and fucked up the GFFA mighty good. Don't fuck with us, mmkay?", we have a more ruthless, more evil enemy, who is, instead of being a victim who is, admittedly, fun to beat up, gives us a lot more room for character motivation.

Yeah. Undefended worlds, and the like. Or minimally defended worlds. If I can hit it with an RKV before you can jump in a fleet to fuck me up royally, that's what I'm looking for. Keep in mind I have a thousand ships, so I have no fleet to challenge vast planetary defenses.

Well, that fairly-well sums it up. There are two major known New Realm worlds which will be open to retribution come our fragging, so I'm not going to be hitting-and-laughing, you can be assured of that.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

If someone would let me know where to send my fleets, you can take my homeworld out...it would fit the RP I have planned, and definately spur me to slaughter...
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

You can hit some of my ORF worlds. There's not many Otagians on them, but then, there really the only ones you'd have a chance of hitting considering the general capabilities of my defense grids. Of course, the only real result is going to be to piss off the Otagians even further, but you're welcome to do so. :D
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

You could use one of my worlds but as soon as wee knew who committed that autrocity, we would shift into Ga'Than'Dehr (Genocidal War) and go full on after them.

It would not be pretty. I would be required to not restrain the Kythons and my other weaponry meaning anything goes.

Normally I don't conquor, I destroy but under a Ga'Than'Dehr it would theoretically be overkill.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

One of my undefended worlds is about to get it from inside the ESUS anyway - so I'm spoken for atm, thanks.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Well, if you want to glass me(not that I'm much of a target), you'd probably be best off attacking my Earth holdings - good sized continent, 30 million people, continental and city shields, cities built to shrug off orbital bombardment, 1-200 orbital weapons platforms(mostly old), light/moderate paramilitary presence, and a Battleplate in-system on standby.

The mass of international traffic in Sol would really help cover the attacking ship(s), tho you'll have to blow through the continental shields(always up), and probably the City Shields(if they have enough warning) - the Fortress Warrens would probably survive mostly intact, but you can still glass the outlying areas, and much of the upper city areas, which would easily kill most of the population if they're not given time to seek shelter.

Of course, it's also a non-military target, and would change Kanuckistan's participation in the war from "Defending allied worlds in a war we don't want" to "OMGKILLKILLKILL Genocidal Holy War," so ICly, it'd be a pretty stupid move.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Kanuckistan wrote:
Of course, it's also a non-military target, and would change Kanuckistan's participation in the war from "Defending allied worlds in a war we don't want" to "OMGKILLKILLKILL Genocidal Holy War," so ICly, it'd be a pretty stupid move.
See, that's pretty much the whole problem right there. At the moment this is a limited war for the ESUS. Highly limiting ROEs, minimal mobilization, etc. Blowing up an ESUS planet is a rather heavy handed escalation of force that the ESUS will be ICly forced to respond to, lest the concept behind MAD break down. [With a consequence of everyone being able to use planetkillers without IC censure.]
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

So once HT does (and he's got the GFFA's backing on this one), I say we make a thread on II discussing the attack and the appropriate response. Which, of course, would be to nuke them back to the stone age.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

One problem with attacking any Earth holdings is he will be using RKVs meaning the planet will be destroyed, something that will not happen to Earth.

You might have to offer up another target that is not really defended much (as per his request).
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Well, I've got a bunch of lightly defended planets that I could stand to lose.

Beran and Brell, Sakhilith, Atlas [though that's more of a secret weapons testing site than a valuble strategic target] are four places I could accept being blown to kingdom come. Plus all of them 'cept Atlas are practically undefended, so if you could jam communications coming from them and take out the capship-size displacer gates in the system, you could be in and out without having to deal with the Facehuggerian navy.

Of course, the callous slaughter of innocent Facehuggerian citizens will obviously enrage the Facehuggerian government, and Tanthius [despite not wanting to go for genocide] will be flat out forced to start blowing up planets and nova-bombing star systems by his father and public opinion.

Like I said, that's the major problem with planetkillers. They're like the nukes of FT, a major escalation of force which must be ICly met in kind if dealing with any semi-rational national entity.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."