GFFA Desperate

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Chronosia
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Chronosia »

The attack has already destroyed the neutrality. We can use this to villainise the GFFA and force the Station into our hands, into our confidences. The fact that a threat exists in the name of the GFFA is enough for us to swoop in and liberate the station.

That would be restoring neutrality and showing that we didn't bring the war but we can sure as hell kick it out
Chronosia wrote:MalkavianDelirium: "You are a divine woman, but nevertheless a woman and like every woman cruel in love" says:
I just silenced Central Facehuggeria with a toothed penis.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Chronosia wrote:The attack has already destroyed the neutrality. We can use this to villainise the GFFA and force the Station into our hands, into our confidences. The fact that a threat exists in the name of the GFFA is enough for us to swoop in and liberate the station.

That would be restoring neutrality and showing that we didn't bring the war but we can sure as hell kick it out

No, it hasn't destroyed the station's neutrality. We just have some actor failing to recognise it - neutrality has been violated, but it can still be salvaged, and is for the most part intact.

The ESUS backing the station would only polarise the situation and undermine any attempt they may have of claiming neutrality in future conflicts. It would also turn it into a valid target, as the mercs are claiming, and while unlikely we could be blamed if we start proverbially painting our flag on it's hull.

Hence why I suggest any active intervention be independent initiatives by member nations, in the name of self defence or protecting civilians.

You can still villianize the GFFA, or atleast whoever hired the mercs, but attempting to polarise the situation is liable to alienate station members and could potentially create a backlash.

The best thing we can do is undermine the reasons given for the attack, play the boyscout, and act shocked and appalled by the mercs'/GFFA's actions. Offer assistance from your nation, try and nudge them towards war against the GFFA, but don't look like an opportunistic shark by trying to pull them into the Union or otherwise obviously escalate the situation.

We should also try and avoid dominating the situation; if shooting starts, having neutral nations as the prominent actors in any fight will exponentially increase the odds of lasting hostility between them and the GFFA. If they're sitting on the sidelines while GFFA and ESUS forces duke it out they'll be far less likely to become involved in the wider conflict.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

What about subtle reinforcement of the station? Under-the-table support, both monetary and military?

"Nameless benefactors" and all.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Chronosia
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Chronosia »

Silent partners. Would be an interesting idea
Chronosia wrote:MalkavianDelirium: "You are a divine woman, but nevertheless a woman and like every woman cruel in love" says:
I just silenced Central Facehuggeria with a toothed penis.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Aye, but my suggestion wouldn't hold back the GFFA, just give station a fighting chance. What do we do if things escalate?

Edit: I for one (After having reviewed his NSecon page..) could take Whyatica's entire military with one battlegroup. But should we consider a direct attack on the trade station as an attack on the ESUS, is what I'm asking.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

If they fire on the station, the ESUS can use it as an excuse to go after the civilian targets of the offenders. If CW or Abh helps defend the station then they should be exempt from the attacks but Whyatica would be doomed as well as TSL as targets.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

blaesa wrote:Your history, perhaps. It's your own damn fault for using a 1 day= 1 year timeline.
It's the most stable and consistent manner of time-keeping there is, and it's way better than just pulling dates out of your arse for things, because if you do that you invariably pick out round numbers. I hate that.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

Torontonias wrote:Well I wouldn't mind to go home right now. Not to seem like a copy cat since CF beat me in Motivation for story writing (Not that I hold much up to him anyway) but a devestating Torontonian Withdrawl from a War supported by Allies would lead into some turbulent times I have planned for The Autocrasy.
I am of a similar opinion. Although RL has been rather intense of late, what with my grandfather nearly dying and undergoing major surgery and my having been in another wreck in the past month. Anyway, right now I'm sorting a few things out. I would like to see the war come to an end very soon, and since I haven't been an active participant since the opening skirmishes of the war (where I kicked some GFFA arse), I consider my forces uncommitted.
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Currently I only have one fleet engaged (as soon as those ships actually get closer we could do something but they haven't even made it halfway through the FTLi) so there are several hundres ships available for this push. I have a second fleet Uplifted at the Station
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Just a FYI for those who might be interested, a copy of the contract detailing several important bits of information regarding who sanctioned the use of TSL, Whyatica, and Novan mercs against the Constatine Station has been placed on the Battlenet. It can now be common knowlege among those who care to check on it, especially those in the negotiations.
Originally Posted by The Solarin League
The contract is HERE, signed by agents of the Galactic Federation. We did, of course, insure that they were who they purported to be. I ill include a copy for your perusal.

As the transmission goes out, a download begins to all vessels and to he station itself, a perfect electronic copy of the contract, signed and dated by several prominent members of the Galactic Federation.
Here is where I posted it:

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p ... tcount=218

While the names were not specificly posted, the fool sent a perfect copy to every vessel there. That is as good as a confession.

Hope it helps in your negotiations.......