A Little Talk

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Rupil
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Rupil »

The tiny nation of Nhotap finds all people it encounters to be heretics, pagans, or worse. This may soon lead to wars. But first we have to bring the Light of Our Lord to the savage native beasts of this planet we have colonized.
Current Nation: Nhotap
Non-Human Organisms That Allow Plots
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Yay! Rupil's back! *hugs*

So Rupil, are you still going to be a member of the ESUS?
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Rupil
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Rupil »

Beh... I'm thinking I'll tell mini-stories.
Which is to say, make a nation, and try to get a complete story told before it dies in 14 days due to inactivity. Maybe one of the big nations will be revived over the summer. Who knows.

But no. I've not got the time for an active nation. I still think the concept behind Rupil is cool. And I love the work I did on its tech. But I can't be assed to put it out onto the NS forums.
Current Nation: Nhotap
Non-Human Organisms That Allow Plots
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Balrogga wrote:It seems you missed on my point I was making.

Imitating my people would not be successful because of the group mind we share. If you posed as one of us, your mind would not be part of the Group Consciousness. It would make you stand out like The Human Torch during a lunar eclipse. I understand the concepts of fudging the story for conformity but ignoring beings that are not linked to the Collective is way too far out of character to even consider the suspension of belief. It would be like Skiss ignoring another Skiss that smelled like bunnies(food) or CF ignoring the elven stormtroopers walking into his Imperial Palace carrying large munitions.

That simply means I cannot be any of the primary target nations but I will be required to act as support for those who are.

Somebody Else's Problem effects are damn spiffy things; you can basically force someone to 'not notice' anything inconsistent/wrong about your infiltrator.

Of course, stealthed infiltrators work too.

As for weaknesses, well, if you can bypass customs, you're fairly free until you start breaking the law in a noticeable way or hurting people/breaking their stuff. I also have nano-cameras and audio pickups damn near everywhere, but those are part of the invasion defences and not actively monitored with any real intensity, although they do keep full records that police can access if it's relevant to an investigation.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Kanuckistan wrote:Somebody Else's Problem effects are damn spiffy things; you can basically force someone to 'not notice' anything inconsistent/wrong about your infiltrator.
Whats awesome is I just read that this week. Douglas Adams is boss. Personally I'm a fan of God's final message to creation.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

We're all going to miss Adams. He was pretty much the best author ever to get writers block.

On a side note, what the fuck does the last page of our posts have to do with the original thread topic?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

Trailers wrote:We're all going to miss Adams. He was pretty much the best author ever to get writers block.

On a side note, what the fuck does the last page of our posts have to do with the original thread topic?
Dunno. Something in me would let this go for now.
ME 262, PRINCE OF TURBOJET!

Every time you debate real science in a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl.

Please, think of the catgirls.