A Little Talk

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Abh
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: Empire of
Name: Thrashia

Post by Abh »

It's sad, it seems the only way to ending this war without letting it putter off into nonexistance is to do another Shivan war though it seems no one is thrilled about that option. I can't really think of anything else that would work, only that which won't.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

The thing that made the Shivans so tough has been superceded by Kanuckistani ingenuity. Pretty much any given nation in the ESUS has weaponry that can circumvent their sub-space bubble thingies. Shivans just lack any novelty nowadays. :/

Personally, I think a war of counter-extinction against Shivans after a failed attack on the Milky Way would be kinda fun. It'd eliminate them as a future threat and provide a staging ground for ESUS-GFFA relations.

EDIT: [300]No reason we can't be civil.[/300]

H4X!
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Trailers wrote:The thing that made the Shivans so tough has been superceded by Kanuckistani ingenuity.
And the fact that this time they won't be played by, well... Sithiboi. Without the uberwank, they're a lot more managable.
Pretty much any given nation in the ESUS has weaponry that can circumvent their sub-space bubble thingies. Shivans just lack any novelty nowadays. :/
Being played by Mekanta = No Ubershields

... Correction, no "damage ignore" shields. As in "ha ha, your weapons are absolutely fucking useless because I'm a gigantic dink" ala GZ...

Just "pound the fuckers down" style shields.

It'd eliminate them as a future threat and provide a staging ground for ESUS-GFFA relations.
Silly Trailers. Don't you know that eliminating an enemy as a future threat is the only certain way to ensure they return to strike back, stronger than ever?
EDIT: [300]No reason we can't be civil.[/300]
Madness? This is ESUUUUUUUUS!!!

... AND GFFAAAAAAAAAA!!!

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Eat Hearty ESUSans for tonight we dine in Naboo!!!

I think we shouldn't revisit the Shivans, I think we need something more horrifically powerful.... a massive Tyranid Hive fleet of doom!!!!!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Metallinauts wrote:Eat Hearty ESUSans for tonight we dine in Naboo!!!
...NO! YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY SOURCE OF GUNGAN VEAL! GRAAH!
I think we shouldn't revisit the Shivans, I think we need something more horrifically powerful.... a massive Tyranid Hive fleet of doom!!!!!
The problem with the 'Nids is that, unlike the Imperium, most of us have FTL that can let us get reinforcements to any besieged world quickly.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: The problem with the 'Nids is that, unlike the Imperium, most of us have FTL that can let us get reinforcements to any besieged world quickly.

What about some kind of enemy that we can't just blow up?

Something more insidious, be it shape-shifting aliens bent of taking over our governments/having us destroy each other, terrorists of some flavor and agenda, or just something that can sneak into our population centers befor unleashing hell.

Something that we can't just smash, but have to hunt down, and is a big enough threat, and hard enough to root out, that we'll not just let the war peter out, but willingly share information and resources to stamp out.

Any candidates?
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Kanuckistan wrote: Something more insidious, be it shape-shifting aliens bent of taking over our governments/having us destroy each other, terrorists of some flavor and agenda, or just something that can sneak into our population centers befor unleashing hell.

Something that we can't just smash, but have to hunt down, and is a big enough threat, and hard enough to root out, that we'll not just let the war peter out, but willingly share information and resources to stamp out.

Any candidates?
The problem is that terrorists and such would be an internal matter. I can't see us negotiating with the GFFA for aid in eradicating them.

I suppose you could go with a NOD-esque supersized terrorist state if you really wanted to, though.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: The problem is that terrorists and such would be an internal matter. I can't see us negotiating with the GFFA for aid in eradicating them.

I suppose you could go with a NOD-esque supersized terrorist state if you really wanted to, though.

Terrorism is only a suggestion, one of many possibilities, and stops being an internal matter once they cross international borders.

And no, not a terrorist state - that gives you an easy target to stomp with our mighty war machines. Ideally, whatever form this threat takes, it should be something that could never win in an open fight, and so never gives us an open fight - best we'd see might be small actions with a few ships, the enemy getting away befor we can bring a fleet to bear on them, atleast until later when we've had a chance to build up our intel on them and can stage a proper operation.

Assuming they don't move into our towns and cities or something, or are otherwise unassailable by naval power.

Hurm, anyone feel like being invaded by Hell?
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Kanuckistan wrote:Hurm, anyone feel like being invaded by Hell?
Which type, the pussy Doom 3 invasion or the Night's Dawn invasion?
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Godular
ESUS Wanktacular Specimen

Post by Godular »

What about the Taking?