A Little Talk

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

I like the Tyranid option. Something epic about battles involving more enemies than your nation has people.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Agreed with that one, Trailers. Plus I personally feel the "OH MY GAWD THEY OUTGUN US AND THEY CAME FROM NOWHERE WITH UBER-TECH" is ... a little overused?

Excuse my bitterness, I just feel that way. Been playing too many RTS games.
;>
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

Xenonier wrote:Agreed with that one, Trailers. Plus I personally feel the "OH MY GAWD THEY OUTGUN US AND THEY CAME FROM NOWHERE WITH UBER-TECH" is ... a little overused?

Excuse my bitterness, I just feel that way. Been playing too many RTS games.
You're excused. Personally, I play Dawn of War; for me that's the norm.(Necrons anybody? They'd make a great Plan C variant of this, but I'd rather go with 'Nids for now.)

After all, 'Nids are rarely used on NS, and if canon doesn't cut it, given the tech base of the two alliances we've got in hand, perhaps we can make a few adjustments (within reasonable limits) to make them deadlier--after all, they evolve.....
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

See what is awesome about my Nids plan is that it is perfectly reasonable compared to a multi-alliance terrorist network idea. Nids all through the history of 40k have appeared with little warning, but in most cases no warning. What could be a spore probe could turn out to be just a spore probe. Though it could also mean impendingdoom for a sector. Concidering I am in the middle of a retconning, I wold volunteer to losing a back water type planet to Nids. Ofcourse they would let out a scrambled plea for help whichcould be picked up for a GFFA ship. Seeing as in my retconning I would have joined the ESUS at the end of the war, they probably would be unaware of my admittence into the ESUS. So hopefully they would come to aid. They find out that it is a back water ESUS planet calling for help and see an opportunity for pluder with no effort. That is when the Nids who none of know what they are rape said GFFA vessel. After weeks with out hearing from my planet I send a recon fleet. One ofcourse would escape. By then the Nids have infected several surrounding sectors and are in the motions of moving onto the GFFA and ESUS targets. By the time that the lonely ship has returned with its grim message, other back water planets of other nations have succumbed to the Nids. As such an emergency peace summit is held and a Cease fire rather than a truce is reached. At this summt it is decided that a temporary pact between the beligerents is necessasry for preservation of both alliances (ala the Alliance of Convinience See ESUS Civil War) to continue their fight. After that we can sign a peace treaty due to mutual exhuastion of both sides.

Likey?
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

I likey indeed. Seems to be a bit more feasible than the Genestealer plan on its own, but I wouldn't mind throwing in Kraken-style Genestealer infiltration as well, with random Genestealer-induced rioting and sabotage causing additional havoc deep in country on both sides. Plus, it gives their masters, whether they intended to or not, intelligence on where to feed their appetities next, hence keeping the action going.

And since you were the one that made this originally....I just have to say. Your heart is in the right place. :)
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Well how about the NIds somehow engineer "replicants" of some sort. Or perhaps infect some people from my world and the rescue/pirate vessel. Then the Nids drop them off to populated worlds to spread some sort of infection that causes mass mayhem (ala Reavers from Firefly/Serenity) so that when the Nids roll in, it is easy pickings. What do you think?
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

Metallinauts wrote:Well how about the NIds somehow engineer "replicants" of some sort. Or perhaps infect some people from my world and the rescue/pirate vessel. Then the Nids drop them off to populated worlds to spread some sort of infection that causes mass mayhem (ala Reavers from Firefly/Serenity) so that when the Nids roll in, it is easy pickings. What do you think?
Hmm......I like the replicant idea, though the infection idea is good too. They had something vaguely like the replicants in the Starship Troopers Chronicles TV show; in the later story arcs involving the infiltration of Earth, they featured these fellows as part of a Bug invasion, and they were, simply put, dag nasty evil.

Perhaps as part of the invasion plan, this hive fleet, call it Hive Fleet Biggusdickus or some stuff like that, has Genestealers that due to the miracle of evolution, can successfully masquerade as their targets or create replicants of target species that can infiltrate the societies in question, and begin infection and sabotage.

Just milling this one over, no worries though--I still think it awesome!
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Megas wrote: At any rate, we don't exactly have to go into every detail of HOW the terrorists managed to get into each nation, but rather what the RESULTS were.

It might actually be better if we glazed over this a bit - the fact the threat could get into places that, by all rights, should be impossible, is what makes something like this really scary. If it's never discovered how they got through the tougher security, even after they're destroyed, then, well, that's just plain ominous.

And by leaving the mechanism/methods undefined, we can OOCly wave them past without creating holes in our defences we might otherwise not want - a psionic terrorist group getting past Kanuckistani customs is Not Going To Happen, for example, but if you leave their means and methods undefined it can be waved past.

Tho if y'all insist, we can kit them out with plot-grade effectors and let them spoof their way past any security on an as-needed basis.

EDIT:
I'm not too fond of the 'nid idea myself - it still ultimately boils down to fairly traditional open war.

Maybe a smallish or more midsized Hive Fleet, that's forced to do heavy infiltration work to seriously weaken it's targets? We all get ravaged but cut out the infiltrators befor they're done, or trick them into thinking they've done more damage than they have, and the Hive fleet moves in while we still have a rough parity in forces.
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

Kanuckistan wrote: EDIT:
I'm not too fond of the 'nid idea myself - it still ultimately boils down to fairly traditional open war.

Maybe a smallish or more midsized Hive Fleet, that's forced to do heavy infiltration work to seriously weaken it's targets? We all get ravaged but cut out the infiltrators befor they're done, or trick them into thinking they've done more damage than they have, and the Hive fleet moves in while we still have a rough parity in forces.
So perhaps then, a scenario more focused on the Hive's Super-Genestealers (the ones I was hashing about in my last post, with some inspiration by Metallinauts) and their attempts to mess things up, with combat minimized via the use of a smaller-sized hive fleet. Sounds interesting, and it's basically what I was proposing anyway (Genestealer Cult infiltration). However, I was envisioning a larger fleet, if anything to, to quote Metallinauts:
As such an emergency peace summit is held and a Cease fire rather than a truce is reached. At this summt it is decided that a temporary pact between the beligerents is necessasry for preservation of both alliances (ala the Alliance of Convinience See ESUS Civil War) to continue their fight. After that we can sign a peace treaty due to mutual exhuastion of both sides.
Which in my opinion, would be a much more satisfying ending.
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

Well, anybody else? It can wait until after Easter, but still....