A Little Talk

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Kanuckistan wrote: It leaves you facing an enemy that can Seriously Mess You UP in ways that'll leave your leaders wondering how the hell you're supposed to fight the bastards when tightening security has utterly no effect.
Certainly, but that is less likely to instill cooperation with former foes.
But there is an elegance to the simple invasion; having something like Hell spill over into our worlds would probally be better than an ACU, tho; something portal based would make the identifying, locating, and eventual capture of an active gate(which should be subtly employed) important events - something we could jointly sink our teeth into, allowing us to take the fight to the enemy; first a few infiltration attempts, gather information, followed by full on attacks which have to be fast enough to stop the gates from closing - blowing the bridge, if you will. Let the invaders succeed a few times, ocasionally traping our forces on the other side, most are wiped out in a hopeless last stand, but some might manage to escape and evade until a sucessful invasion can be mounted - good for creating potential I R BADASS characters.
Aye. An ACU is really more suited for a different kind of war. I find myself really liking your idea of 'hell spilling over' ala Doom, though. Sounds perfect to me. Aliens with similar properties could work too, but I'm fond of demons myself.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Abh
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: Empire of
Name: Thrashia

Post by Abh »

Possibly just make us suspect one another of some sort of covert attacks. If nothing else, the constant internal problems would be enough to lead to a cease fire. Especially if you have to worry about a large fleet jumping into the sun as it attempts to invade an enemy or turn aside an attack.
New Dornalia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by New Dornalia »

Abh wrote:
Possibly just make us suspect one another of some sort of covert attacks. If nothing else, the constant internal problems would be enough to lead to a cease fire. Especially if you have to worry about a large fleet jumping into the sun as it attempts to invade an enemy or turn aside an attack.
Never thought about it from that angle, but you've a point there.
Aye. An ACU is really more suited for a different kind of war. I find myself really liking your idea of 'hell spilling over' ala Doom, though. Sounds perfect to me. Aliens with similar properties could work too, but I'm fond of demons myself.
I'll note that as plan B, having been exposed to the Doom series myself and loving it :).
ME 262, PRINCE OF TURBOJET!

Every time you debate real science in a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl.

Please, think of the catgirls.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

As a sober reminder, some of us are already taking part in another CF civil war. Those involved should finish that before taking on any other RP projects....
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Sskiss wrote:As a sober reminder, some of us are already taking part in another CF civil war. Those involved should finish that before taking on any other RP projects....
Oh, certainly. I'm not planning on participating in this.

Speaking of which, I have another post done that I should post. Today or tommorow, perhaps. I've been in something of a slump ever since I bent my inscrutable mind towards the fairer gender.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Sskiss wrote:As a sober reminder, some of us are already taking part in another CF civil war. Those involved should finish that before taking on any other RP projects....
Oh, certainly. I'm not planning on participating in this.

Speaking of which, I have another post done that I should post. Today or tommorow, perhaps. I've been in something of a slump ever since I bent my inscrutable mind towards the fairer gender.
CF! You found someone who would tolerate you? Its a miracle!
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Siesatia wrote: CF! You found someone who would tolerate you? Its a miracle!
Something of a slump.

Something of a slump.

Something of a slump!!!
Chronosia
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Chronosia »

So, if I'm getting this right, our idea for ending the war is being attacked by an evil uberthreat that forces us to unite?

It's like Firestorm and C&C3 all over again! Insane AI's and insectoid alien menaces not withstanding.
Chronosia wrote:MalkavianDelirium: "You are a divine woman, but nevertheless a woman and like every woman cruel in love" says:
I just silenced Central Facehuggeria with a toothed penis.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Chronosia wrote: It's like Firestorm and C&C3 all over again! Insane AI's and insectoid alien menaces not withstanding.
In each of those cases, though, both sides screwed each other over first chance they got.

Hmm...
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: In each of those cases, though, both sides screwed each other over first chance they got.

Hmm...

Well, we do have the background of a (somewhat)hostile galaxy that will leave one not wanting to over-deplete their forces, and a lack of long-standing animosity.