A Little Talk

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Xenonier wrote:I can't shake the feeling another shivan war just wouldn't come together well.
Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence in my presence, you prick...
That said, the biggest problem comes in wrapping up a lot of threads from the battles into something acceptable.
Oh, it's not a "Mekanta's never around" comment? In that case, disregard the above line... ... You prick...
That's the problem here. Having another shivan war feels tacky to me at least, even if it was roleplayed fantastically.
... Xenonier, you're saying this about the plan of a guy who's had tentacle rape, guro, and quotes invovling bleeding recently cut orifaces in his signature. I think "poor" taste is the least of your worries.
Plus there is still the fact we've got crippling inactivity
Screw you. With a bunch of tentacles.
and general boredom with NS, something another war after a failed war isn't going to fix in my mind.
Ah, but that is why we don't have the Second Shivan War directly after the GFFA-ESUS conflict.

Shivans show up in a few ESUS and GFFA systems. Just some scout parties, but they mix things up again enough to be noticed. Especially by those of us who participated in the Shivan Conflict. (Regardless of what side we were on... *cough*)

Word spreads like wildfire. Both sides come to the table. Information suggests that a Shivan armada of ungodly proportions is going to hit us all, hard. We have a nice little cool-down period to prepare, using the lessons of the previous Shivan War and having both alliances recall all of thier forces in preparation for the Shivan tide. There's a military down-time full of diplomacy and pure character threads leading up to the war, just to cool down from all the space battles.

Then, at a later time, the Shivans strike at a much better prepared (and rested) galaxy.
Abh wrote:The problem with the Kendari thread is that I do not think it's going to ever finish.
A Shiva- I mean wizard did it.
I mean Kendari has only JUST resurrected his nation so I don't know how you would want to take that one.
Since you're not a regular here, I'll spare you the inevitable rape comment.
You guys might not consider the fall of the Maker-Mind a huge victory for the GFFA but we really don't think the loss of Xanthal is much of a tragedy for us either. (No offense Xanthal if you still read these boards...) It only really pisses the Abh off ICly.
... So it's tied with both alliances having half a point and our cheerleaders passed out drunk in the stands?
So the problem still remains of how to bring a failing story line to a decent and acceptable closing.
With or without extra-alliance numberwank?
I'm afraid trying to bring the GFFA to the treaty table now would not exactly work. Unless you have a thousand death stars and point them all at our major population centers, then perhaps we will talk.
How about berserk nanite goddess/superweapon? ^_^
EDIT: This is for my own curiosity. Mekanta, what the heck is that Sig from man?
Various pics grabbed off of various 'Chans. (2chan, 4chan, Idlechan, Gurochan, ect.) If it's too disturbing, I have my previous signature for the old Mekanta, still.

Revised Shivan Idea...

Shivans show up at several ESUS and GFFA systems. They fire on civillians, skirmish with the local defenses, and jump out. Owners of said systems realize there's a larger threat looming, due to footage of one of thier subspace gates opening revealing that behind those gates lies a massive Shivan armada.

Said owners of said systems decide to put aside their differences and end the war so the Shivans don't just swoop in and mercilessly anihilate everyone locked in combat with one another. They petition their alliances to end the wars, or in some cases, use threats of force to accomplish thier goals. Things start to cool down, both sides are brought (or dragged) to the table in a neutral system, and some cooperating powers from both sides explain the new Shivan threat. Forces are withdrawn, with much glaring, once proof of the new Shivan menace is given. Some of the difficult-to-end conflicts could, with consent from both sides, be interrupted to highlight the threat.

Several character roleplays follow, tactical meetings and "hero" character interactions, while the alliances prepare for the inevitable conflict. Then once post-war hostilities have a chance to be defused, the Shivans make thier move.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Xenonier wrote:I can't shake the feeling another shivan war just wouldn't come together well. That said, the biggest problem comes in wrapping up a lot of threads from the battles into something acceptable. For example, the battle over Kendari with the entrance of Trailers and a ton of new reinforcements for us -> never resolved. The kendari conflict in general -> not resolved. etc.

That's the problem here. Having another shivan war feels tacky to me at least, even if it was roleplayed fantastically. Plus there is still the fact we've got crippling inactivity and general boredom with NS, something another war after a failed war isn't going to fix in my mind.

Partially my fault since OOC situation (Aka my computer going to shit without provocation) kinda got me left behind...Kinda hard to jump back in after five or six pages of posts have been lumped on your intro and initial movements.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Regarding the Kendari thread, I'd be more than happy to finish it. Of course, I'm rather used to long, drawn out threads, as I've been RPing the same war with Romandeos for closing on three years now, and we're still in the name-calling stages...
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Abh
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: Empire of
Name: Thrashia

Post by Abh »

...Well that was certainly interesting. Nah, your sig didn't disturb me...well not at least enough that I would ask you to change it. I was just curious if it was an actual anime and what the name of it was.
... So it's tied with both alliances having half a point and our cheerleaders passed out drunk in the stands?
Then that means the next phase would be a huge tentacle monster to break through the gym floor and start raping all the passed out cheerleaders. Am I correct?
How about berserk nanite goddess/superweapon? ^_^
It has a certain...artistic flare. I like it.

Other than that, I don't really have a problem with a new Shivan war. It just has to be something everyone else will agree upon.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence in my presence, you prick...
Did you even follow my posts on this thread? If you did, you've have remembered I posted that I'm talking about apathy and distate with NS in general, it's not a personal attack on anybody or an indication that this problem or the problem with the shivan war idea falls on you. You're not the context I'm speaking about. Not mekanta, not Xenonier, not anyone specifically - > every alliance atm feel as if they're lazy/preoccupied/unfocused at the moment, and that's basically a proven fact or the first war wouldn't have fallen to pieces in the first place.
Oh, it's not a "Mekanta's never around" comment? In that case, disregard the above line... ... You prick...
It's more or less a comment on everyone's not posting a regular rate. I haven't posted regularly and constructively in months, you haven't posted in a while, nobody has. It's a generalist comment on the fact that a lot of people just don't find NS as exciting as it used to be.
... Xenonier, you're saying this about the plan of a guy who's had tentacle rape, guro, and quotes invovling bleeding recently cut orifaces in his signature. I think "poor" taste is the least of your worries.
It's once again, nothing to do with you. The first war fell through. The quotes below show the war isn't true. It's not the IC context, read my posts and note things like crippling inactivity. Once again, these are never aimed at you and never single you out. In my first post I clearly state I don't think we have the activity to pull off the conclusion to an acceptable level, and my thoughts apply to the shivan war. You may be motivated, you may want to work hard and make the idea great, but I don't think it'll be pulled off well.

As I said in my first post and in my second post, it's not just about the IC context. I simply don't think as an alliance we have the energy to even finish this war correctly, let alone do justice to any other conflicts. I'm just making the observation as awesome as ideas like yours and Abh's may be, I don't think it can be done because of both OOC and IC conflicts. Ie, yes your idea works Icly, but I don't think we can do it OOCly.

I'm the pessimist here, it's my job to doubt we can.

Besides I've been on 4chan way too long to find anything you post disturbing in the slightest.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
;>
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Ye gods, mate, I'd suggest you grow a pair, but 'tis no doubt a lost cause.

Name one instance where I've attacked someone over anything short of, well... deserving it. (Read: Xanthal.)

It's an attempt to inject a little humor. Stop reading so deeply into my comments.

... You prick...

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Cut it out. Both of you.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

If we are going to speak definitively of what we're going to do as an alliance, we need more input from more members then.
;>
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

I'd be happy if more posting was done on the CF civil war thread. I've already got another nifty post ready, damnit!
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Sskiss wrote:I'd be happy if more posting was done on the CF civil war thread. I've already got another nifty post ready, damnit!
I've been rather distracted as of late. My father's been in the hospital and my uncle was just sentenced to six months prison for DWI. I'll get to it as soon as possible, but I haven't had the time to actually write much these past two weeks. That being said, now that school's started up again, I should have more time. I've already got the meat of the next post done, I just need to add some interactions with the sskiss and introduce a new character to handle the aid meetings.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."