Probably worth a look.

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

First:

What kind of FTLi does Siestia possess? If it is the kind that prevents the STC from being intruded upon then the fireships would just skip on by harmlessly.

Second:

With the FTL drives messed with I don't think they can control the drives enough to cause them to frop out of FTL.
but after we tested the trick of cutting the circutry of the hyper drives, we realized that FTLi will be unable to deactivate the drives properly, and that the ship will continue on at terminal velocity, regardless of gravity and such.
They already stated the curcuits have been damaged. That means the controls that would be used to drop the FTL drives are broken.

They assured this plan will not suceed, nice of them...
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

ah. Slight problem, you mentioned in that post. Hyperdrive (Star Wars hyperdrive, as opposed to generic hyperspace) is NOT a wormhole. It rapes physics. if their drives don't go off, then they WILL hit the planet at several hundred thousand/million times the speed of light. Hyperdrive is basically just moving a ship superfast through realspace - that's why they have safeties for mass shadows, they don't want to fly into a STAR. Now they're off, typical SW FTLi won't work, because SW FTLi basically is to generate a superhuge mass shadow and forcefully trigger the safeties.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Jordaxia wrote:(Star Wars hyperdrive, as opposed to generic hyperspace) is NOT a wormhole.
Quite so. A ship entering SW hyperspace gets basically starts acting like a tachyon.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

It's important to know what kind of FTL anyone has before you can "block" it with FTLi. For the sake of RP/game balance FTLi should not be too powerful. Our FTL drive works as an anology in a sort of "hop" or "leap" method taking short hops between two given points n space. Calculations are required between each transit.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Well, if we can assume a few things about star wars hyperdrive - that all objects, once removed from the drive field would return to their pre-superluminal velocity, there is a solution to this issue - it's called a brick wall. Simply put something in the way and his superluminal attack will become a costly fireworks display.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Jordaxia wrote:(Star Wars hyperdrive, as opposed to generic hyperspace) is NOT a wormhole.
Quite so. A ship entering SW hyperspace gets basically starts acting like a tachyon.
Most of us don't use..SW..FTLi..

.-.

Someone should tell him that there ARE other ways of playing FT without being a treckie or Star Wars nerdo. :P Another thing, if he points his ships in the direction of Siesatia and then turns on the hyperdrives, whats to keep him from hitting..I don't know..an uninhabited gas planet several parsecs away?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Trailers wrote:
Most of us don't use..SW..FTLi..

.-.
Indeed. Neither do I. I use my own custom job. The problem is that unless it [FTLi in general] can affect tachyonic matter in some way, it probably won't work given what this guy's done. Normally any sort of big mass generator would stop hyperdrive cold. But with the safeties off, your FTLi has to physically slow down the ship in question, or perhaps find a way to push it 'fully' into a tachyonic state. That'd be even more amusing, and probably more in-line with Siesatia's techbase.
Someone should tell him that there ARE other ways of playing FT without being a treckie or Star Wars nerdo. :P
Indeed. Original tech FTW.
Another thing, if he points his ships in the direction of Siesatia and then turns on the hyperdrives, whats to keep him from hitting..I don't know..an uninhabited gas planet several parsecs away?
It is extremely easy to predict where a planet will be at any given point in time. If they know where any of Siesatia's planets are (telescopes, for instance) and roughly what their orbital mechanics are, they can predict where they will be when it's time for ramming speed.

The way I see it is that Siesatia should agree to take some damage. It is a rather interesting and unconventional tactic after all. Then he can develope a new and better form of FTLi that stops SW hyperspace cold.

And we get to move in and enslave Copenwhatever's people. I for instance really want to try out a new method of ethnic cleansing that Facehuggerian biologists have been cooking up. Not only do I wipe out the impure species within one to two generations, but I get more pure-bred Facehuggerians at the same time! Bwahahahaha!
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Not to mention his managerie of alien species for you to experiment upon. Most nations might have only 2 or 3 races, he has almost every one there was in anime history (or so it seems). think of the slave crossbreeding programs to get your desired "flavor"...
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Yes. I am certain that Dr. Mengle and Dr. Morte will both be very happy to experiment upon such varied stock.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Two other holes in their plan are:

A

The nature of the Temporal Anomoly. What parcular defensive abilities does it provide?

B

The target being the first planet they come across. What if their path doesn't provide a collision with a planetary body? Space is huge and planets are small. If it was that easy to hit a planet then every comet would have hit Earth long ago. It's not like they can make course corrections while in Hyperspace at those speeds. They would be through the system before they blinkes so there is no timing involves, just incredible blind luck.