Ending this.

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Ending this.

Post by Arizona Nova »

Alright. To put it bluntly, I am tired - OOCly - of this war. It's already passed into ancient history in that respect and ICly, and that it remains open is just causing things to get FUBAR. We need to close it, and we need to figure out how it panned out historically - i.e., end the RPing and figure out when/where battles happened, if that, and most importantly, sign the peace treaty/cease fire/whatever. This war died long ago, and it's beginning to stink. It's time we buried it.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Godular
ESUS Wanktacular Specimen

Post by Godular »

I agree. All of the war threads have slowed to a stop for one reason or another, and truth be told it really is just starting to get seriously annoying.

Seems too much of a bother to trash the whole thing and say it never happened. Better we just draw up a timeline of battles, argue out who won and who lost, and just slap up a treaty. I'd like to see this sucker finished.
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

Third that motion.
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

But how? Both sides have wanted this thing to go away for quite awhile now, but it's easier said than done. We need a common posting area. And Microsoft Paint. .-.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

I hope that none of you are suprized at all this. These threads generally die because there are to many people or the ideas for the RP are overly complex often branching out into several sub threads on so on. The result being, is that they bog down rather quickly.

On the other hand, time is a thread killer....

---------------------------------------------------

CF Civil war seems to be going well so far. Because I think it is so focused on a particular event and perhaps it has to do with CF writing style as well.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

CF's Civil war is going to succeed because he is telling a story, and he has generously invited other people in to showcase their own little stories while enriching his own.

The GFFA-ESUS war was an e-peen fight, with a flawed foundation and no end ever decided, merely both sides trusting that the other would say "Argh! I am slain!" for arbitrary and meaningless reasons.

What needs to be done is for that end to be done so that it doesn't get any more FUBAR by outsiders that are looking to whip out their own e-peen and, pardon the pun, cock it up.

As for common meeting places, we have one here. The GFFA members who care are here. If you're talking about a third forum to make just for this thats a bunch of retarded dickering around to do for one purpose.

What we need to all agree on first is on the terms of the treaty. The different force groups and nations involved - Alpha, Gamma, whatever, etc. - may want to all establish seperate itemized peaces with whoever you were fighting. What we can do here is decide what stance the alliance will take as a whole.

For example, with Kendari my peace would essentially work out that essentially nothing would change, hostilities would merely permanently terminate. Those who got to fight more may want to push for some sort of concessions, but keep in mind that your opponents will only roll over for you if they want. As far as the alliance wide treaty goes, again I think an "indefinite" cessation of hostilities would be ideal. Ultimately, whatever works out for all of us to just go on our merry ways is ideal.

And lets see that we can get this done before this loses all momentum. The fact that nobody from ESUS even noticed Copenwtf's thread until half a week later is fairly embarrasing.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

I wasn't suggesting a third fucking forum by any means, that would be far more effort than this is worth. I was thinking a little MSN chat or something. On the other hands we have a wide variety of time zones here, so that wouldn't work.

Way to deflate my e-peen. :/
Traileric Empire

Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Time for me to go back in time and change history. :twisted:

Well, if I think of anything, I'll come back.
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Siesatia wrote:Time for me to go back in time and change history.
For one, what?

For another, take me with you. :/
Traileric Empire

Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

Sie is a nation of dirty chronomancers. If you wish more on this subject, ask AZN... :P
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas