Someone offed the Emperor.

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Someone offed the Emperor.

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Mindset wrote:Key word: stranger. Perhaps it's my sociopathy speaking, but I feel no empathy for those I do not know.
Wow.

I'm glad I don't know you iRL.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:...There's a difference between mocking a person's death and mocking a person's World of Warcraft funeral. One is tragic, the other is just lame.

Or maybe I'm just being an asshole today. Yays!
The person died. The person's WoW friends, unable to gather iRL, held a funeral in WoW where they could all come together and grieve/honour/remember/etc their lost friend.

It may have taken place on a WoW server, but it was a funeral all the same. It's not like they were acting all tragic because someone accidentally deleted their level 60 Asskicker.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

At least they didn't rain firey death from the sky at the guys IRL funeral. o.O
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Godular
ESUS Wanktacular Specimen

Post by Godular »

Doing that funeral on a PvP server in a contested zone was just asking for trouble. If they'd wanted a proper funeral, they'd've made alts on a non-pvp server and done a running of the Night Elves straight to the place where the thing was supposed to happen.

But then, one also has to stop and consider that the whole concept of an in-game funeral is almost too tacky to be a proper option.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

blaesa wrote:Funny, I don't seem to remember any of you finding people mocking Demon Lord Enigma's death funny. Can't see how crashing a funeral, whether RL or in a game, is any different.
Major difference, DLE sacrificed herself for an ideal that she believed. I personally do not agree with the Iraqi war but she thought that she was promoting freedom and for that I respect.

This girl that they were holding a funeral for in WoW died because she is stupid. She did not move, eat, drink, sleep, shit piss or anything for 3 days straight and she died. What did she think was going to happen? I am sorry but she had it coming.

DLE's sacrifice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some dumb tart who is to stupid and addicted to WoW to take care of her basic needs

There is no comparison.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

First, whoa, she died by starving herself to death because of WoW!?!!?!? WHAT?

What happened to the world?

Second, who is DLE and how did she die?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Trailers wrote: Second, who is DLE and how did she die?
DLE was a member here some time ago. She was also in the military, and she was killed in action defending her country. As I recall, she was also one of the coolest females I've ever met.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I came across the thread some time ago. I really wish I could have met her.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Metallinauts wrote: DLE's sacrifice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some dumb tart who is to stupid and addicted to WoW to take care of her basic needs

There is no comparison.

That doesn't matter, it's not a contest, and doesn't excuse the actions of the twats who crashed the WoW-side funeral.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Kanuckistan wrote:
Metallinauts wrote: DLE's sacrifice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some dumb tart who is to stupid and addicted to WoW to take care of her basic needs

There is no comparison.

That doesn't matter, it's not a contest, and doesn't excuse the actions of the twats who crashed the WoW-side funeral.
PErhaps you misunderstood, I was not justifying the raid, I was clarifying that a tart dying because she could not be arsed to fulfill the functions needed to live is radically different from that of someone sacrificing themselves to further freedom.
Chronosia
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Chronosia »

Metallinauts wrote:
Kanuckistan wrote:

There is no comparison.

PErhaps you misunderstood, I was not justifying the raid, I was clarifying that a tart dying because she could not be arsed to fulfill the functions needed to live is radically different from that of someone sacrificing themselves to further freedom.
Well said. That being said, I don't really see the point in bitching over the funeral raid here and now. For one thing it was ages ago, and secondly it has little to no relevance with anything going on.

Can we move on?
Chronosia wrote:MalkavianDelirium: "You are a divine woman, but nevertheless a woman and like every woman cruel in love" says:
I just silenced Central Facehuggeria with a toothed penis.