The ESUS-Shivan War Finding Aid

Access to this forum is restricted to ESUS members only. It contains sensitive records pertaining to ESUS actions past.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

The ESUS-Shivan War Finding Aid

Post by Arizona Nova »

This thread is a finding aid for threads on the old archived ESUS forums. It will be expanded as ESUS clarification of the history does as well.

Related ESUSWiki Articles:
Shivan War section on ESUS Article
Central Facehuggerian Involvement in the Second Shivan War
The Battle of Groombridge, technically the last battle of the Shivan war, against shivan NPCs

Listed in chronological order, with Jolt primary sources listed in bullet points:
The First Shivan Conflict: Indra Prime stands against the first wave
ESUS Fleet retrofit (Secret IC): The ESUS Fleet Retrofit, in preperation for shivan aggression
ESUS/Shivan War - The Beginning (Closed RP): The Second Shivan Conflict or the ESUS-Shivan War opening
Yet another act of Shivan aggression: Germanische Zustande attacked by the Shivans, ESUS lends aid. How best to deal with Shivan nanites: ESUS brainstorm to deal with Shivan nanites.
Peace in our time, if only for a little while?: The Shivans offer "Peace," ESUS not buying it OOC: Where the Shivans have fled to: Discussion of the evacuation of Shivan subspace Time to Kill the Shivans Once And For All: Feazanthia discusses with ESUS the final stroke to destroy the Shivans
Invasion of Yarin (CLOSE THIS, IT'S OVER): OOC record of the proceedings of one of the final battles of the Shivan War ESUS and Shivan backhistory...: A pithy history of the First Shivan Conflict, which lead to the ESUS-Shivan War; specifically Indra Prime's post.
HThe conclusion. Guaranteed.: Jordaxia attempts to rally a synthesis after Yarin debacle
War with GZ?: War is considered against Germanische Zustande, who is defended by Underwater Asylum on grounds of his assistance during the Shivan War
Worries and Issues...: Wormia, one of the Shivan War vets, tries to stir the coals
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Re: The ESUS-Shivan War Finding Aid

Post by Indra Prime »

Dont know if you need them, but here's some of the actual threads of the Shivan Wars.

The First Shivan War

The ESUS Fleet Retrofit

The Second Shivan War

Another Shivan/ESUS related thread
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Any primary source you can provide improves the finding aid, though the 2008 war would have to be the subject of a new finding aid (i.e., ESUS-Shivan War II). Many thanks!
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

IP, Kanuck and I stood against the first Shivans, the my participation is currently being Retconned.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

I stickied this for the sake of historocity. And I didn't want it to fall down. :o(
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Metallinauts wrote:IP, Kanuck and I stood against the first Shivans, the my participation is currently being Retconned.
How so (filthy chronomancer)?
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Going to start in on research for an article today.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Alright. I have finished preliminary research on the First Shivan War.

Its three primary battles were the Battle of Heti (where rogue Imperial Brits Admiral Bosch opened the first portal), the Battle of Rho 228, and the Battle of Sol.

Its principal players were the shivans, versus Indra Prime, Outer Heaven Mk II, Kanuckistan, Species 1, Metallinauts, and the Burnsian Desert.

Indra Prime fought to a stalemate at Heti; his final action was to sacrifice the Aurora and close the first rift.

Rho 228 unfolded in two parts. Initially an allied fleet of Kanuckistani, Indran, OHMK and Species 1 vessels attacked the shivan fleet. Shivan defenses slowly began to fail under the pressure, then the appearance of reinforcements under Burnsian and Metallinautsi command precipitated the rout of the shivan fleet, which set off a subspace shockwave and retreated into subspace to make a strike at Sol itself.

At Sol, the Shivan fleet made to strike at Earth itself, but the desperate and timely intervention of the Indran and Metallinautsi fleets as well as the Kanuckistani battleplate Slayer of Unwary Gods parried the blow, and the shivans retreated.

Tactically the war was a stunning success for alliance forces, but strategically the shivan objective was securely achieved.

Notable maneuvers included the sacrifice of the Aurora and this maneuver by an unnamed Indran commander.

I'll work this into article form as I prepare to start research on the second war.

I have started this category for all articles dedicated to the Shivan Wars: http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/index.ph ... hivan_Wars
~Anikar

{Back Burner}