Abstain
12%

Total votes: 17

The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

A modest proposal.

Post by The Mindset »

I propose that we unhide all forums (bar the war room) and allow guests to view them. Why? Well, frankly, the leak is behind us, and I do not feel we have anything to hide or to be ashamed of. This, coupled with the fact that people may then peruse our community and judge it on its merits (and then decide it looks good, and apply for membership) seem like valid enough reasons to open ourselves up again.

We were open for a very long time until the leak came along and caused us to become reclusive. I'm proposing that we reverse that, because I feel we should be proud of our accomplishments here and display them for anyone to see.

What say you?
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Officially I say nay. Though your points are very on the spot I must say nay. I only say it for one reason. To see these forums is a privilage. You must pass the tests to earn your way to heaven.

I would be open to this idea if we ammend the process to three levels of membership.

They would be as follows:

OOC Member:
Pass one "easy" type RP. This would be judged on basic grammar and entertainment value. The reward for passing would be access to all sections except War Room and other locked sections. NO IC PRIVILEGES

IC Junior Member:
Pass two "intermediate" tests and you will recieve access to the forums and moderate protection under the constitution. IE you will recieve all trade benefits and be under concideration for military support, but this is not mandatory for any full member to help.

IC Full member:
Pass Three "mixed level" tests. You will gain access to all sections that is viewable to all current memebers. You will be entitled to all rights given in the constitution.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

To be honest, that seems too complicated to be workable. I see the privilege of these forums as participating, not in watching. Anyone would be able to view the forums; only members could post.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Indeed; either all the way one direction or all the way the other.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

I vote nay, unless we get 'ESUS Member Only General'
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Siesatia wrote:I vote nay, unless we get 'ESUS Member Only General'
No; we'd be affectively lieing to people then. Nobody would use the "public" general; and if they did it wouldn't be a look at who we truly were. We either go all out on this initiative or we don't at all.

At any rate, there are obvious advantages and disadvantages to each initiative, enough I abstain from voting. What I will not support is a half-hearted effort away from what we are doing. Anything less than open forums - aside from the War Room, for obvious rooms - or completely closed forums would be dishonesty and reflect poorly on us.
Last edited by Slipknaut on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

I vote yay, as it may bring new and fresh members who would bring more ideas into the alliance. Word.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

I vote yea. The ability to see the forums, but not post, would influence newcomers to join. However, I would suggest a private OOC forum for the RP section, to provide a secure place to discuss details of the RPs.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Yay. I think we should also keep this forum hidden, as well. All comers and goers should not be able to see everything the ESUS wishes to do.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

All this will do is let people see what jackasses we really are :lol:
Penguenia