22%
Abtain-ay
11%

Total votes: 18

The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

The Senate... and the Senate. Oh, and the Senate.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Mindset wrote:The Senate... and the Senate. Oh, and the Senate.

And where does the Senate get the money to fund anything?
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Every member nation is responsible for the upkeeping of the Senate, as I recall. In addition to this, I'm sure the Senate gets gifts and donations from various member countries.
Penguenia
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I'm curious, if your nations police force has no power to put people on trial, and you're so willing to seek ways to circumvent smuggling laws, I guess it'd be no problems for me to smuggle suitcase nukes into all your major cities. I mean, your police forces have no power to enforce import laws.

Besides, the ESSCD would have powers to enforce import laws as agreed by the Senate. By having no powers greater than the local police force, it simply means they do not have the authority to assume control of the situation should the host nation wish to do so. Since your setup shows no interest in doing so, the ESSCD would fulfill this role instead.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

-IC-
-News Feed, Neo-Mekantan Capital Planet Ihkasutare
"{Having of been two weeks since silent-death (assassination) of group-speaker (representative)} Kiltari tek Kothar {of new representative to be selected. Of ESUS feed recorded earlier to show.}"

The feed flickers, flashing red before showing a tall Mekantan male with crimson streaks and long black hair addressing the Senate. The feed identitifes him as Jethara math Kothar, a cousin of the late representative.

"It is with great sorrow, brothers of ESUS," he speaks calmly, though a hint of disdain is evident in his voice, "that I take my blood's place here and bring you this sad news."

"In reviewing the proposed new constitution, I'm afraid a small set of problems have arisen. The problem that Neo-Mekanta will do everything in our power to maintain the dominance of our laws and culture in our space, the problem of the new trade enforcement group, the problem that the Mekantan master species being above the laws governing our inferior Feran and Tsthathi underlings could be seen as not enforcing our trade laws, and the problem..." he leans forward, his eyes narrowing as his voice takes on a menacing tone, "that the Ikhasutare and Ghyagis fleets will enforce our laws over those of ESUS within our domain and exterminate all outside forces with extreme predjudice..."

His voice takes an obviously false cheery tone again as he stands upright again, a cold smile on his face. "Now I'm quite sure the ESSCD would try nothing of the sort, but I'm simply relaying the Mekantan Storm's- nay, the Hegemony's position that our soverignty will not be imposed upon by anyone..."

"Ottyatu Tza'to, (Affermative Ending) Representatives..."

He bows slightly, his first genuine smile briefly crossing his face as he vanishes.

-OOC-
Just throwing my position out there in an IC form, complete with veiled threats if the ESSCD tries to exert any influence in Neo-Mekanta.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

You have two choices if this revision passes into law: submit to it, or leave the ESUS.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Neo-Mekanta will be submitting to it, giving all the powers of local police to the ESSCD. The problem lies in that Mekantans are above the jurisdiction of the police, meaning any attempt to go after a Mekantan in Neo-Mekantan space would be seen as an illegal act, thus necessitating an IFF-flag as hostile.

The ESSCD will be allowed in, they'll just be limited by the Hegemony's internal structure. Just behaving IC for my nation. ^_^

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Mindset wrote:I'm curious, if your nations police force has no power to put people on trial, and you're so willing to seek ways to circumvent smuggling laws, I guess it'd be no problems for me to smuggle suitcase nukes into all your major cities. I mean, your police forces have no power to enforce import laws.

Besides, the ESSCD would have powers to enforce import laws as agreed by the Senate. By having no powers greater than the local police force, it simply means they do not have the authority to assume control of the situation should the host nation wish to do so. Since your setup shows no interest in doing so, the ESSCD would fulfill this role instead.
OOC:
Police don't have the power to put people on trial, no; that have to turn them over to the Kanuckistani court system. They also have no power to enforce foreign laws - only those passed by the appropriate level of government, and the ESUS isn't part of Kanuckistani government structure - or pursue those who have broken laws outside of Kanuckistan - atleast not without special case-by-case clearance from government.

Overall, IMO you'd be better off trying to set up an organization to assist individual nations' law enforcement agencies in collaboration, coordination, and information sharing with their ESUS peers; something to help them do their job better, rather than trying to impose a new police force upon them.

The Mindset wrote:You have two choices if this revision passes into law: submit to it, or leave the ESUS.
OOC:
Loopholes are important; they allow me to ICly justify not leaving, especially when the aspect of military deterrence has been weakened.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Overall, IMO you'd be better off trying to set up an organization to assist individual nations' law enforcement agencies in collaboration, coordination, and information sharing with their ESUS peers; something to help them do their job better...
Thats what the proposed organization is, from what I can see.
Penguenia
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Erm, it's Otagia, not Blaesa. Please edit?
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum