Yay
88%
Nay
12%

Total votes: 25

Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

It seemed like a good idea a few minutes ago, but I am fickle as usual. First we must get the war straight, then we'll talk about roleplaying it. I'd need to know to whom, and in what nation I would have to deliver our message.

Never count on me, however. I can do it (I'd like to) but there'd better be a "default" plan that 'Nauts had thought up prior to posting this.
Penguenia
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Hmm. I vote yea.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Dominion votes Nay, and cautions those who would seek a two front war.

OOC:
Kanuckistan won't go to war without provocation for IC reasons.

Also, figure out which one you want to attack, then only openly propose war against that one. If you vote for war against both, you can guarantee that the alliance you're leaving until later will hear of this, and both of them will team up - allowing such to happen would be militarily foolish, even if you believe victory to still be assured in any case.

That said, I suggest the GFFA, as it seems to lack ESUS members, while the GE possessing ESUS members could be construed as a way of falsely assuring them that they won't be targeted.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Penguenia wrote:It seemed like a good idea a few minutes ago, but I am fickle as usual. First we must get the war straight, then we'll talk about roleplaying it. I'd need to know to whom, and in what nation I would have to deliver our message.

Never count on me, however. I can do it (I'd like to) but there'd better be a "default" plan that 'Nauts had thought up prior to posting this.
We should collect as much information about the GFFA as possible, possibly planting an inside operative. We should know their fleet positions ICly, their leaders and more.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Actually, we should do a gigantic, cross ESUS declaration of multiple nations... through some sort of News Network...
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

If you vote for war against both, you can guarantee that the alliance you're leaving until later will hear of this, and both of them will team up - allowing such to happen would be militarily foolish, even if you believe victory to still be assured in any case.
These two alliances have been opposed since their very origins. They war against each other even now, I doubt they would set their differences aside to war against the ESUS.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Siesatia wrote:Actually, we should do a gigantic, cross ESUS declaration of multiple nations... through some sort of News Network...
Metallinauts is invoking the constituion's alliance-wide declaration of war clause. If this resolution passes, all members are de facto at war.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Hyperspatial Travel wrote: These two alliances have been opposed since their very origins. They war against each other even now, I doubt they would set their differences aside to war against the ESUS.
OOC:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Especially if they OOCly hear about plans to go after both of them, and realise they we're alot bigger than the two combined.

They don't have to cooperate, just temporarily stop fighting and concentrate on us - it would also let them point to us as a threat to lesser alliances and lone nations and shout "OMG Evil!!!11!1", and then we'd have a coalition on our hands, which could quickly become a royal mess.

And, at the very least, the guy we wait to attack would have a while to prepare.

Meanwhile, keeping plans to nail both of them quiet costs us nothing.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Hmm. Jordi proposed another idea somewhere. Perhaps we should assist the GFFA against the GE? And then, once we've crushed the GE... provided that even happens because I don't trust US as far as I could throw him, he was probably the guy who hacked our forums after all, we could turn upon the GFFA, because they committed atrocities during the war.

Though I admit it isn't nearly as satisfying as moving in to assault the GFFA immediately. It does, however, make us to look less like the big bad guys.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Hmm. Jordi proposed another idea somewhere. Perhaps we should assist the GFFA against the GE? And then, once we've crushed the GE... provided that even happens because I don't trust US as far as I could throw him, he was probably the guy who hacked our forums after all, we could turn upon the GFFA, because they committed atrocities during the war.

Though I admit it isn't nearly as satisfying as moving in to assault the GFFA immediately. It does, however, make us to look less like the big bad guys.
This idea = fantastic.