Nay
12%

Total votes: 25

The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Tappee wrote:You can count me out on this one
As a member you're required to contribute something (such as technology/supplies).
Crystal Palais
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crystal Palais »

Well, twelve yea votes out of fifteen remains an 80% majority - I believe that's what is required for something like this. So we're good. Of course it's not necessary for everyone to go to war, but there's the usual 'help out with something' clause. Just... not ham sandwiches this time? :lol:
Tappee
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Tappee »

The Mindset wrote:
As a member you're required to contribute something (such as technology/supplies).
I will NOT contribute anything, this is a defensive alliance, not an Offensive alliance
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The Mindset wrote:
Humanitarian aid would be good. Once we start conquering, it's going to be a pain in the butt to feed our new citizens. Alternatively, supplies are good. Our supply lines will be stretched.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Tappee
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Tappee »

Sorry I not getting involved in any way
Crystal Palais
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crystal Palais »

Considering this is OOCly leading up to it and all indications ICly will be that we're acting in defense... this doesn't change that at all?
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Tappee wrote:
The Mindset wrote:
I will NOT contribute anything, this is a defensive alliance, not an Offensive alliance
You do realize what this means correct?
The ESUS Constitution wrote:Article V – Laws
[*]It is established that in case of an offensive attack against an ESUS member, all member nations should facilitate in some manner in the rebuilding, protection of civilians, protection of territory and protection of sovereignty of the member state.
[*]It is established that a declaration of war between two or more member states shall nullify §5.1.
[*]It is established that the ESUS Senate may formally declare an alliance-wide state of war with a majority vote.
[*]It is established that military assistence shall not be compulsory should a member engage in hostile conflict as the aggressor.
[*]It is established that any member may propose a change to this constitution, where it shall be voted upon by all member states, and if passed by a majority vote, ratified.
How about you help by increasing patrol on friendly worlds and what not?
Tappee
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Tappee »

Our military resources are currently streched beyond its limits, and all manpower is devoted to another front.

As result we are unable to provide any assistance
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Tappee wrote:Our military resources are currently streched beyond its limits, and all manpower is devoted to another front.

As result we are unable to provide any assistance
Indeed? Interesting. You could have asked the ESUS for assistance before the commencement of this war. Regardless, other assets, such as bulk foodstuffs, fuel, and the like is sufficient. Military assistance is not necessary, though it is appreciated
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

How about provisions, or fuck man send in your shittiest gun boat. You has per the ESUS CONSTITUTION YOU MUST HELP IT IS NOT A SUGGESTION IT IS A DUTY AS A MEBER OF THIS ALLIANCE. I am not yellign I am capitalizing and what not to make the big point obvious lol.