"Consortium" Threat Discussion

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Balrogga wrote:Has anyone investigated who owns the asteroid in Sol that the meeting is taking place at?
It's likly just some random unowned rock; there are enough of them. A route worth persuing, however.

Central Facehuggeria wrote: He's so apathetic that he must be secretly plotting the downfall of the ESUS!

(In jest, of course.)
*A bald man in a suit, hovering behind CF's player with a length of pianio-wire stretched between his hands, silently nods as if to some inaudible command, befor suddenly and soundlessly withdrawing; vanishing unseen from the premisis, no one ever knowing he was there*

*cough*

"Ah... ha; ha-ha - what a wonderous joke you have made... joke, yes; that's the ticket..."

>.>
<.<
>.>
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Xanthal wrote:Snip

Code: Select all

Well, I don't actually build 1000's of ships. That's just unworkable given the structure of my nation. As we are working on things like temporal tehcnology that cf and the like don't use, I follow a different path. I put all my technology into making [i]smaller[/i] ships that fill the role of much larger "wangsized" ships of other nations. 

Yes, that's probably rather wanky. But it's against the general line of superpowerful ships that assume larger is best, and I want to break the mould above all else. Secondly, My nation as a whole is small in every aspect. My ground forces aren't very large in size either, and that's because they are incredibly powerful and I only have 3 systems that I actually defend, and only 2-3 planets on each. After 3 tg's that have said I stole the idea of CF and Kanuckistan for small, highly trained professional navies with a focus on really powerful weapons above all else, I swore I would never be called a copycat again. Thus, efficiency.

We don't make mechs to prove "we can". We make tanks that blow your ground forces away. Why bother with a bolo, when our navies, who get that funding that might go into one and our ground troops, have already wiped you out and did it cheaper to boot? Sure, big powerful uberweapons are nice and scary and yes, fantastic for what they do, but Xenonier fights as an army, not as individual uber units bulking out a whole.
All above here is stuff not related as much to the thread. We can take this to another thread or msn or whatever if we need too.

Now, onto notes and whatnot. Given this is the entire 7th fleet going into this diplomatic mission, I'm probably just going to send a gunship or something to the actual meeting. For the purposes of the rp, we are going to be sitting back and being the smartasses. Xenonier is highly cynical, so expect a small amount of verbal jousting before the burnination. I don't plan on my diplomat dying either, he being a recurring character and all so I've done the usual Xenonian approach.

I've done some investigations of my own, some more practical ones, paritcularly an good ole fashioned character profile of them. As CF/anyone who read my application would know, Tyraelia slapped me across the head icly and oocly and taught me to be very paranoid.

Although I really wrote this post up to discuss something more important. Now, lets face facts, I probably won't get hit by the consortium and their piracy. Given only ESUS, TFU (yes, TFU) and Krioval+Gaian Ascendancy have maps of my region in my little ioslated galaxy, I can't forsee a small pirate fleet like the Consortium having the resources to map out my entire region and hit my ships. It's just not worth their time, assuming they plan to roleplay this with an element of believeability.

Final question. Balrogga, the data you are collating on the owners of the ship. That stays with you or what? I can't blame you if you don't plan on spreading with the ESUS factions, given some of the troubles you have.

* I just realised Neuralink = Neurolink. I seems all my ideas look like copies of everyone elses. if you'd like, I can change the name for the simple sake of less confusion.
;>
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Kanuckistan wrote:
Trailers wrote:SO, the fawking Consortium buggers, when can I begin to inject the molten slag of their women and children into the empty shells of their captured ships? o.O
Just play along and let them open hostilities first; makes things easier for me to work ICly if there's no moral ambiguity.
Oops. <_< Yeah, about that whole let them be all hostile and evil thing. My nation just sent 'em a message saying their fate was sealed. o.o'
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

ok so who is this group and why would they think we would be stupid and sead our leaders to this metting.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients

Post by Xenonier »

Disclaimer. All Theorycraft baby, all Theorycraft.

Oh come on corpsac. If we knew who they were, we would have turned their fleets, ships, planets and civilian population to slag already!

Personally though, I like what they have done. They seem to have done their homework and hence they know virtually every member of the ESUS is

A. Capable of cheating their leaders deaths and getting them back.
B. More than capable of recovering from a few diplomat deaths.

So, essentially they plan to screw us up for a little and then, judging by the ominious wording, get cut to pieces doing something stupid, while ICly believing they have a hope. Which not only plays out like the true supervillian style they advocate, but also makes for a nice rp.
;>
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

so your telling me we know nothing at all, for all we know this small group of "i want to die" rper's could be a well just that.

Use a small group to disrupt us pull our attention away start fighting its group then....well...attack when we dont expect it with a strong force. its what i would do, keep you looking the wrong way.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients

Post by Xenonier »

CorpSac wrote:so your telling me we know nothing at all, for all we know this small group of "i want to die" rper's could be a well just that.

Use a small group to disrupt us pull our attention away start fighting its group then....well...attack when we dont expect it with a strong force. its what i would do, keep you looking the wrong way.
They admitted they are weaker than the ESUS, so it seems their plan may be something like that. So we have to keep on our toes and watch out for any traps. But they said they aren't going for victory, they are going for a storyline to kickstart FTRP, so I doubt victory will be a high piority.
;>
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Xenonier wrote:They admitted they are weaker than the ESUS, so it seems their plan may be something like that. So we have to keep on our toes and watch out for any traps. But they said they aren't going for victory, they are going for a storyline to kickstart FTRP, so I doubt victory will be a high piority.
They said they aren't going for an OOC victory. I took this to mean that they 'aren't looking to wank the ESUS to death.' ICly of course they'll quite probably be trying to win.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients

Post by Xenonier »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: They said they aren't going for an OOC victory. I took this to mean that they 'aren't looking to wank the ESUS to death.' ICly of course they'll quite probably be trying to win.
Well that's my point. In the end, this a roleplay about revitalising the FTRP scene, not about winning in any and all means nessecary.
;>
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Xenonier wrote: * I just realised Neuralink = Neurolink. I seems all my ideas look like copies of everyone elses. if you'd like, I can change the name for the simple sake of less confusion.
I wouldn't worry about it, personally; it's almost impossible to create something that doesn't seem like it's a rip off of something else in sci-fi these days.