Complete and total retcon questions and comments welcome

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Complete and total retcon questions and comments welcome

Post by Metallinauts »

After much debate and literally months of plotting and writing random tidbits in Eco and Math, I have the newer and better history of Metallinauts.

Changes:
Government: Very similar to ancient Ireland, one high king 4 kings many clans. The high king has the biggest army and fleet and is seated on the capital planet. The Kingship is not hereditary all the time. Kingship can pass from Clan to Clan if a successful rebellion is lead.

Planets
Metallinauts is now One system consisting of 5 planets:

Verlan- (1st world from the sun) A very toxic place to live. This is a world that is rich in minerals and metals. The surface of the world is barren and inhospitable due to lack of atmosphere. The population is small and inhabits small biodomes littered across the planets surface.

Meran- (2nd world from the sun) A world that is almost wholly aquatic. The small population resides on small archipelagos found in the southern hemisphere of the planet. This planet is host to a unique plant that forms the base of nearly all synthetic foodstuff in the empire.

Cadia- (3 world from the sun) Seat of the High King, high command, fleet stationed, Fianna stationed here. Large world of green rolling hills with a massive city on the largest continent of the world. In the center of the city is the palace of Taine, the palace of the high king.

Hastai- (4th world from the sun) A large world that is comprised of a diverse jungle. The jungle around the equator is mainly rain forest type jungle and as you progress further north or south the jungle becomes a deciduous jungle. This planet is where much of the "live" food stuff comes from.

Glandri- (5th world) A massive gas giant far beyond the other four worlds is the 5th planet in the system. Glandri is nearly 6 times larger than Solian Jupiter. The gases from the planet are harvested and shipped out to the rest of the system. The rings of this world are also rich in metals that are vital to building and maintaining an interstellar battle fleet. Citizens reside in one of three massive floating stations.

Politics:
The power in Metallinauts is behind the clans. The system is similar to the Five Civilized Nations' house system. Though the clans are less likely to wage war on another. There are 12 major clans which all other minor lords and tribes fall under.(See culture for greater explanation)

The Twelve Clans are as follows with pronunciation-

Kline (Key-line)
Maxwell (Max-well)
Nimens (Neye-mens)
Larrel (La-reel)
Opert (Oh-pert)
Revern (Ree-vern)
Jerin (Jay-rin)
Zai (Zay)
Pattar (Paht-ahr)
Mannast (Man-ast)
Vannas (Vah-nas)
Pokert (Pah-airt)

More to come
Last edited by Juumanistra on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: Complete and total retcon questions and comments welcome

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Metallinauts wrote: Planets

Verlan- (1st world from the sun)

Meran- (2nd world from the sun)

Cadia- (3 world from the sun) Seat of the High King, high command, fleet stationed, Fianna stationed here. Large world of green rolling hill with a massive city. In the center of the city is the palace of

Hastai- (4th world from the sun)

Glandri- (5th world)

More to come as I am now bored of typing
Eh, having one system is a rather classic case of having all your eggs in one basket. It also means you're going to have a lot less resources than a multi-system Empire.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

But it also means you only have to defend one basket.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Metallinauts wrote: Planets

Verlan- (1st world from the sun)

Meran- (2nd world from the sun)

Cadia- (3 world from the sun) Seat of the High King, high command, fleet stationed, Fianna stationed here. Large world of green rolling hill with a massive city. In the center of the city is the palace of

Hastai- (4th world from the sun)

Glandri- (5th world)

More to come as I am now bored of typing
Eh, having one system is a rather classic case of having all your eggs in one basket. It also means you're going to have a lot less resources than a multi-system Empire.
I am aware of this. I am considering an age of imperialism later. Yet right now we are talking about a total reset of my culture, history and time line. The Metallinauts you now see has only been in space for a few hundred years as opposed to thousands of millennium.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Metallinauts wrote:Large world of green rolling hill[s]

Ah, yes - the classic 'One Enviroment World'.

:P :D
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Yeah, whatever man. It's easier than cataloguing the entirety of the planet's freaking ecology.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Arizona Nova wrote:Yeah, whatever man. It's easier than cataloguing the entirety of the planet's freaking ecology.
thank you
Tarot
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Tarot »

Actually, your organization sounds eerily similar to mine. Yay for parallel evolution, although mine was (I thought) original, instead of drawing from history. Then again, with subconscious inspiration and all... Only difference is culture, and the fact that my "planets" are quite mobile and scattered across the galaxy.
The Sleepy Little Ninja says:
want to impress that girl? SET HER ON FIRE
The Sleepy Little Ninja says:
we love it
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arizona Nova wrote:Yeah, whatever man. It's easier than cataloguing the entirety of the planet's freaking ecology.

You obviously don't recognise friendly teasing. :P
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Updated!