GalCiv II

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Flaming Souls wrote:Took the Korath Clan for a spin today...whew, utter oblivion for the Terrans...I don't know if Mekanta even has a word for how badly I ass-raped them. I mean, when I was invading Earth, my I had a 44 - 4 advantage...so there 10k troops fell to my 1k without so much as a drop of sweat...evil warmongering is fun :)
That seems a lot like how it is whenever I play Terrans. Due to gross human superiority in technology (which itself is a direct result of humans being both more industrious and more skilled at hyperspatial navigation than most), I can always get the awesome techs and achievements first. Tir-Quan training is always a big help.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

I didn't even make it that far into the tech tree...it was a quick hour game...
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

Just a few screenshots of my last game. It was a Gigantic Map with 5 computer opponents...lasted 8 hours.

First up, my big bad ship of doom The Bad Nasty
Secondly...how much I love research
And lastly, my population...I'm the brown line here
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Flaming Souls wrote: First up, my big bad ship of doom The Bad Nasty
Mmmph? How did you cram 600 kinetic damage into a ship without black hole guns?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

They are black hole guns. This game was long enough that I hit the end of 22 branches of the tech tree.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Flaming Souls wrote:They are black hole guns. This game was long enough that I hit the end of 22 branches of the tech tree.
And yet you didn't get Tir-Quan training? :P
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Wow, your ships are dark. I can barely make out any details.

That's going to cost you eye-candy points :P
Central Facehuggeria wrote: And yet you didn't get Tir-Quan training? :P
Flaming Souls wrote:...it was a quick hour game...
Flaming Souls wrote:...lasted 8 hours.

I belive he may have been talking about about another game when he posted pics. :wink:
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

Kanuck wins the donut...the one where I slaughtered the Terrans was an hour long game, the one with the pics was an 8 hour marathon leading to a Technology Victory.
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

I wuv GalCiv II. When my computer gets back from the fixing shop, I will play it once more. Yor FTW, by the way. The Yor are gloriously awesome.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

I am currently having problems running the game. Apparently GalCivII has issues with dual core 64 bit processors on a Vista machine. The game keeps freezing at random points in the game. It pissed me off after a wonderful two day game where I was kicking ass.

Apparently it is a problem thay haven't been able to fix yet according to the Galciv2 forum boards where there is a Thread on it.