Diablo III

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Re: Diablo III

Post by The Mindset »

I really hope the Necro and Druid haven't been axed. I'd also like if you could import old d2 single player characters.

My Paladin was called Samuel L Jackson.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

The Mindset wrote:I really hope the Necro and Druid haven't been axed. I'd also like if you could import old d2 single player characters.

My Paladin was called Samuel L Jackson.
From what I heard, I think the barbarian is the only character who will be transfered to Diablo III - all others have been axed. However, I suspect that their will be analogues of the others, such as an "archer", a "holy warrior" or "knight" and some type of "wizard". As far as I can tell, the witchdoctor has replaced the necromancer. Blizzard also mentioned there will be five character classes, however, I suspect their will eventually be others added at a later date.

While we are on the subject, I had a leap attack barbarian called the "Big Bopper".
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Sskiss wrote: From what I heard, I think the barbarian is the only character who will be transfered to Diablo III - all others have been axed.

No, they mentioned that they are carrying over classes plural, so at minimum we're talking about the Barb and someone else.

I hope it's the Paladin. Because I love my pallies.
Blizzard also mentioned there will be five character classes, however, I suspect their will eventually be others added at a later date.
Probably with the expansion. D2 only had five before LoD too, right? (Pally, Amazon, Barb, Necro, Sorc)?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:No, they mentioned that they are carrying over classes plural, so at minimum we're talking about the Barb and someone else.
I hope it's the Paladin. Because I love my pallies.

Really? I heard only one, but you may be right. Perhaps your information source is more recent. Anyhow, you may get your wish, I just looked over the stil pics on the main site and saw that pic numbers 1 (two "paladins"), 5 (has two "paladins" and what appears to be a "ranger") and 19 seemed to feature a paladin-like character.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:Probably with the expansion. D2 only had five before LoD too, right? (Pally, Amazon, Barb, Necro, Sorc)?
Yeah, that's right. They added the druid and assasin with the LoD expansion.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Sskiss wrote: Perhaps your information source is more recent.

I'm going off of the gameplay trailer they released to announce D3. If a later source has indicated the Barb is the only class coming back, then the later source is obviously correct.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

http://www.gamespot.com/video/930659/61 ... -interview

Just an interesting little interview.

Also, about that returning class thing...

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/faq/#1_2

The word "classes" is used when refering to a situation like what's happening with the barb. Unless they're just trying to lead us on, the Barbarian won't be alone in making the transfer from D2 to D3.
This won't end well.
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Bah. I was never one of these point-and-click people. I could play through both of the Diablos once, maximum. I'll probably get it, if only just to play through it the once.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Diablowut? I never experienced it. Sounds like fun, though, especially if you can do actual functional multiplayer. BG, for all its glory, has shit multiplayer capability. :cry:
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Arizona Nova wrote:Diablowut? I never experienced it. Sounds like fun, though, especially if you can do actual functional multiplayer. BG, for all its glory, has shit multiplayer capability. :cry:
Diablo 1 and Diablo 2's multiplayer is only functional if you stick to playing with friends. And even then, you have to make sure one of those friends isn't a complete jerk.

My roommates and I set up a Diablo 2 lanning operation using the university's network freshman year which lasted for a few weeks of really good times. But it eventually ended a few days after a douche who lived across the hall from us started using hacks to instantly get his character to upper levels and proceed to kill everything in sight. The game just wasn't any fun to play with that guy around.
This won't end well.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Arizona Nova wrote:Diablowut? I never experienced it.

Well, if you like mindless slaughter and wading through dozens of vicious hellspawned demons, it's great. It's sorta like WoW, except darker and gothic.

If you're looking for an actual story or roleplaying, you might want to stick to BG. :P