The reason I joined the ESUS

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Re: The reason I joined the ESUS

Post by Telros »

I got here through HT and Chron, and probably Bal, I think. All of them mentioned it and I wanted in, plus the whole rumors of ESUS' power and might drew me in too. XD
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Incorporated States of
Name: Miskonia

Post by Celestial Seibutsu »

Trailers invited me after finding some of my written works and told me to join NS and the ESUS. UFP war I believe was the current rage.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Kostemetsia wrote:HT invited me, OOC. Suggested it was about time I joined the country club.
Oh, I thought you were Trailers' client state.

Damn. I'm getting all you nubs mixed up. :mrgreen:
Err I think that's me. I was a helot state that revolted civilly, and we now continue military operations together. >_> Yup, that's not weird at all.
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Kostemetsia wrote:HT invited me, OOC. Suggested it was about time I joined the country club.
Oh, I thought you were Trailers' client state.

Damn. I'm getting all you nubs mixed up. :mrgreen:
They're all my client states! ALL OF YOU! BOW BEFORE ME, WORMS!

Except for you CF. You're just a client. Rawr.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Because CF and Kanuck derailed a thread I was posting in talking about how awesome their sense of irony in their AI's were. I appreciated the humour immediately.
;>
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

I signed up during a recruitment drive, and got in by the skin of my teeth.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

I joined back in '04 I have been here as long as these forums existed, I joined when my pop was under 100 million. At the time we saw the threat of the Shivan horde and rode into battle with a few Borg, IP and Kanuck. After that IP had suggested I attended the re-founding of the ESUS Constitution and alliance as a signatory. The rest is history.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

More or less on a whim, IIRC - I knew and liked some of the people, and it didn't infringe on my nation's IC sovereignty, which is why I allied with Klonor's original Galactic Alliance rather than joining it back in the day.

...I just realised my nation is 6 RL years old, over 2200 RL days/IC years.

Wow. :shock:
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Incorporated States of
Name: Miskonia

Post by Celestial Seibutsu »

Kanuckistan wrote:More or less on a whim, IIRC - I knew and liked some of the people, and it didn't infringe on my nation's IC sovereignty, which is why I allied with Klonor's original Galactic Alliance rather than joining it back in the day.

...I just realised my nation is 6 RL years old, over 2200 RL days/IC years.

Wow. :shock:
Oldfag. :P
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Celestial Seibutsu wrote: Oldfag. :P

GE'DOFF MAH LAWN, Dagnammit!
Godular
ESUS Wanktacular Specimen

Post by Godular »

Primarily of my own volition, though close relations with Balrogga influenced the decision.

When I was asking about the alliance, I was focused on what would be an IC fit for the Godulans, who were against massive megaconglomerations that essentially all marched in lock-step. The ESUS struck me as a virtually anarchic alliance, seeming more like a cluster of folks who would generally be inclined to shoot/stab/punch/claw/bite/sue/rape each other in the face were it not for the fact that they generally ended up being richer for the contact.

And for the most part the Godulans are fine with that, though they do have some issues and they are of course naturally paranoid.