They're baaaaaaaack

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Metallinauts wrote:Ok people need to scale back their fleets, no one sends a full battle fleet to investigate a slaughtered civilization.
That depends. If I was participating and I suspected Shivan involvement, yeah, I'd send a full battlefleet. But then, Facehuggerians have a hang up on Shivans even moreso than Elves. Mainly because they're actually scared of Shivans. Shivans are the proverbial boogy man, and one of the main 'threats' used to justify Halsey's enormous military.

Edit: Mind, I don't think any of the other participants, save maybe you, Metallinauts, have any basis for such a reaction. None of them fought in the Shivan Wars. :P
Last edited by Argheraal on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Same reason I sent The Will You'll actually see at the top of my first post that im sending it in the hopes that it will be enough to deal with them, not as overkill.

My nation fears and despises shivans with a passion, as they were the first thing I ever NS roleplayed against.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Hey 'Nauts? One small glitch.

The Shivan Worldfleet doesn't land ground forces. Unlike Sithiboi, I'm of the opinion that a race that evolved in zero-G can't handle gravity so well, robotic exoskeleton or not.

Oh yes, and I'm most of the way done with the fighters for the Intelligent Report/Factbook regarding the shivans for the war.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Neo-Mekanta wrote:Hey 'Nauts? One small glitch.

The Shivan Worldfleet doesn't land ground forces. Unlike Sithiboi, I'm of the opinion that a race that evolved in zero-G can't handle gravity so well, robotic exoskeleton or not.
Wow! I'm impressed someone actually thought of the fact that Shivans having evolved in a Null g environment whould have nothing to do with anything that possesses a gravity field. I think aside from you, Jordaxia was the only other Null g/Micro g species that actually thought of this crucial fact.

Neo-Mekanta wrote:Oh yes, and I'm most of the way done with the fighters for the Intelligent Report/Factbook regarding the shivans for the war.
Of course during the first Shivan war we Sskiss numbered about 100 million (give or take) so we skulked in the background having nothing to do with the conflict.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Sskiss wrote:Wow! I'm impressed someone actually thought of the fact that Shivans having evolved in a Null g environment whould have nothing to do with anything that possesses a gravity field. I think aside from you, Jordaxia was the only other Null g/Micro g species that actually thought of this crucial fact.
Gah, that was one of the things that drove me insane about Sithiboi's Shivans.

Supposedly "THUPER AWETHUM" in ground combat... yet this from a species that evolved (or was created, according to the artiticial genesis theory) in Zero-G...

Thus why they envelop planets in a firestorm with orbital barrage... neglecting to consider the possibility of underground settlements below the anihilation depth for thier more advanced bombardment weapons.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: That depends. If I was participating and I suspected Shivan involvement, yeah, I'd send a full battlefleet. But then, Facehuggerians have a hang up on Shivans even moreso than Elves. Mainly because they're actually scared of Shivans. Shivans are the proverbial boogy man, and one of the main 'threats' used to justify Halsey's enormous military.

Edit: Mind, I don't think any of the other participants, save maybe you, Metallinauts, have any basis for such a reaction. None of them fought in the Shivan Wars. :P

Actually, for similar reasons, I'd assemble a fleet nearby, and only send in a scout.

Afterall, these guys are dangerous, and you don't want to risk loosing a huge chunk of your navy by rushing in blind.

(I won't be participating for lack of time, by the way)
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

In other news, doing factbook entries for fourty-three different varieties of Shivan spacecraft and space stations... sucks...

... Especially when only twenty-four of them are naturally Shivan..

I'm uploading all of the graphics now..

-Classic Quote
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Hey, Nauts and company, will your data about this broadcast be available on our ESUS Battlenet? Cause, I'd rather pull my guys in that way than just happening to get a distress signal.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

My info isn't technically on the net, as I havent become an active member yet. This could serve as excelent impitus to become one again though.

about everyone and their cousin is waiting for mek to post losses :D
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

I'm working, I'm working!

I keep getting writer's block. I'm so used to individual characters, the Shivans are hard for me to adjust to.

-Classic Quote