New Computer - Help me with the Specs

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Re: New Computer - Help me with the Specs

Post by Flaming Souls »

Unfortunately she doesn't work in that department, she deals with the massive printer orders for companies like Ford, Boeing, JP Morgan, etc.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Get meh a discount biznitch!!! :twisted:

Anyway, I just put the full specs in the order, waiting for the final receipt, then I pay for half and the computer will be on its way. I expect it some time in July.
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

*stares lovingly at some of the new HP monitors*
Discounts are fun...soon I will be running dual 24 in. HP LCD Monitors...
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

No offense FS, but HP has issues, especially with their laptops. My school got err... about 600 HP tablet PCs to give to us as loaners... first off... who in their right mind has a laptop available without a CD drive (to say nothing of the Administration that bought it, of course)... the screens were horrible as were the hinges, the latches, and the hard drives, the power supplies died left and right as well.
Though I will give the overall design mad props as one flew off the roof of a student's car on the freeway and sported only minor cosmetic damage as a result.
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

Probably got the lower end models in regards to the screens etc. The fact that it is a tablet, not a laptop per se means that there isn't so much room for a cd drive. But yeah, their laptops/tablets aren't the best on the market.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Blademasters wrote: Though I will give the overall design mad props as one flew off the roof of a student's car on the freeway and sported only minor cosmetic damage as a result.
What kind of fool puts your small and highly expensive computer (which itself costs as much as a used car) on top of their car for a trip?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Siesatia »

Collage Students. QED.

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Collage students? I can make those with Paint Shop Pro easy. Seig spelling!

Even if we're talking college students, thats still amazingly stupid. l2buyalaptop if you have that much crap. There is no reason why a computer should ever have to leave the loving embrace of the shotgun seat.

And finally! Someone in the thread who at least doesn't defend HP! :P Blademasters is my new best friend.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Siesatia »

HP laptops suck, its just a fact. You want a Sony Laptop if anything. That said, Dell laptops are worse, they're all that nasty shade of blue Dell seems to love and remind me of the computers they use in schools. Their wireless systems are shotty and the ports in the back will last all of a month or so.

But HP Desktops are incredible, they come with all sorts of features, are very durable with steel frames, include nice peripheral support media centres, and have space for liquid cooling. Sieg Liquid Cooling Bitches!!!!

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Teh Sies wrote:they're all that nasty shade of blue Dell seems to love and remind me of the computers they use in schools
It's a calming shade of blue, and don't blame me for your psychological hangups! Blame your mom! And Nobuseri, you can't shoot me for that, because Freud would agree with me, scarily enough!

Also, thats why I didn't get Dell's wireless integrated either. I bought a LinkSys card - although arguably Dell's software for it works better than LinkSys's. That all tends to be irrelevant as I use Windows to handle the connection, heh.

Laptops aren't the best for gaming, thats true. Saying that they can't ever game is like saying a WoW Shaman can't ever tank. They can sure as hell be optimized for gaming, and definitely can game on slightly older games. In the end laptops always win for portability and the ability to be used anywhere that might not be your Cheetoh-stained desk.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}