k buy

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Re: k buy

Post by The Mindset »

blaesa wrote:Any way you could transfer it to GoDaddy, or that we could use a non- .co.uk domain? It's just that GoDaddy is so much cheaper ($7 for a year instead of $5 a month), and my wallet is not THAT flexible.
I'm not too bothered either way.

Anyway, here's Disunity v0.6.995 released under the GPLv3 free software license: http://esusalliance.co.uk/disunity-0.6.995.zip
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

I would like to see the alliance, as an IC presence, hold together.

Sorry to see you go TM, and I will miss you and your rapier anti-American wit very much. I would love to help in hosting a domain, but the truth is I'm a year too young to have a credit card in my name..

EDIT: What about the wiki, is that also under this site's hosting, or is it seperate?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Once again:

I will always be able to host the website. I will NOT be renewing the domain. This means that the website, the forums and the wiki will all stay up, they just won't be at http://www.esusalliance.co.uk, because I won't own that domain anymore.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Torontonias wrote:I had suspicions that the ESUS was in its twilight the last few months, but this pretty much confirms it.
With all due respect, that is your suspicion, and no one else's. At least not mine. If that seems harsh, I don't apologize - I don't truck with the "twilight nostalgia" where ESUS is concerned. NS, maybe, because there are actual falling numbers to back up the idea of the game fading. Not here though.

Also, anyone who destroys /b/ will receive a vivisection. Not kidding.

Mindset, we've had this issue before. People have asked and been willing to send money via Paypal to keep the domain going; typically you came upon some other solution before resorting to that. As I now have gainful employment I would be willing to put forward funds to that.

As far as site administration goes, we still have CF for that. I believe SAs are elected, so we could nominate someone while you're still around.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Who cares about the domain? As long as we still have the community (which is all the ESUS really is anymore), it's all good.

Also: Bye, Mindset. You've been awesomesauce.
Penguenia
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Penguenia wrote:Who cares about the domain? As long as we still have the community (which is all the ESUS really is anymore), it's all good.

Also: Bye, Mindset. You've been awesomesauce.
Quoted for truth in all respects.
As far as site administration goes, we still have CF for that.
I'm really more of a figurehead. That is to say that I dole out titles and other easy to do things, but if there's a major board problem (ie if it were to be hacked again), I have no idea what to do.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

To coin a phrase.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

If need be, after I figure out what my hosting service is doing to the payment I sent them last january (They claim they never recieved it but I have the scanned copy of the money order) I can host the site if need be, the same offer I made the last time this question came up.

If I need to switch my hosting, it will be a valid offer as soon as I get a new hosting service. I don't plan on going without my web site (it being offline bugs me something awful) for long so I want to get it back ASAP.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Argh! I'll still be hosting the site, it's just the address that'll change!
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

The Mindset wrote:Argh! I'll still be hosting the site, it's just the address that'll change!

TM, we're fucking retarded, remember?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire