Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Sci-fi TV Series or Movie

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arenumberg wrote:I dont like Firefly.

Didnt like Serenity either.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:

Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

Arenumberg wrote:
Central Facehuggeria wrote:

[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

....Of course, one mustn't forget Dr. Who!
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Incorporated States of
Name: Miskonia

Post by Celestial Seibutsu »

Well I'm somewhat of a sci-fi geek. I'm a rather large Trekie(Although the last series never caught me), as well as loving StarWars, to the point I've read almost all the SW books. The episode one and two movies are saved by their books in my mind, as they were rather nicely salvaged and I could at least put the terrible acting aside. Saddly, the Trek books have never caught my attention.

Stargate I was an addict to, had to catch every single show. After Richard Dean Anderson left it wasn't the same though. I kind of lost interest, in that I still watched them, but the world didn't end if I missed one. The whole Ori thing also bored me.

Glatica I liked, but they started to put too much drama on the President bitch. I didn't like here, and I lost out when it became all about her.

Didn't catch onto Firefly or Serenity, Dr. Who bored me out of my mind.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Celestial Seibutsu wrote:to the point I've read almost all the SW books.
My condolences. There is some pretty crappy stuff in the SW EU.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I've never really understood the attraction of the Star Wars films. The acting is wooden, the characters are two dimensional, the plot is tacky and cliche. The only thing going for those movies is the special effects and set design. That's why I can't understand why people prefer the original series over the prequels. The prequels, to my mind, are clearly superior, quite simply because they're prettier. Star Wars never had anything other than that to its credit.

I don't watch a lot of sci-fi. It's so difficult to translate good sci-fi to television. It's much better suited to a longer, film format. Alien, Terminator, The Matrix, 2001, Children of Men, Close Encounters. All classics.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Favorite Movies, Eh? Lord of the Rings comes to mind, the Star Wars prequels (I'll explain that in a sec), the Dark Knight

Least Favorite Movies Eragon, Twilight, Disaster Movie, the shit coming out called Zombie Strippers, and let's see....anything Pokemon. Can't think of anything else right now.

Favorite Series: Digimon (SILENCE), Firefly (same reasons as HT, I was forced into it and I liked it), Bleach, Stargate, same as Celestial on what he said about it. I can't think of anything else on my mind.

Least Favorite Series: DBZ, it got really old, really fast. Pokemon, it was a bigger fuck up than the games, which are annoying as hell as it is, and Yugioh. Seriously, how many times did we need to hear I TRUST THE HEART OF THE CARDS.

*Explanation time: I like SW not for its characters, aside from a few like Vader, Yoda, etc, but its universe. It's a giant sandbox where I can create awesome characters, plots, etc. So I like it more for its universe, such as how people made Thrawn and such, than the stuff we saw.

Also CF, oh yes, there are some SHITTY books on the EU. *shudders*
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Pokemon is sci fi now?

Awesome. Makes me love it even more.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Oh, Scifi? *Meh* Considering its pokeball ness and stuff, it could fit in scifi. And it still sucks. =P
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.