Need Help Breaking the "Third Spanish States Curse"

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Need Help Breaking the "Third Spanish States Curse"

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote: Most ironic of all is that most Solarians shouldn't be classified as humans, from a scientific standpoint. They are so heavily modified, and so interdependent with the machines in their bodies that an EMP could kill one of them if it broke through the electronic hardening.
Hell, in Kanuckistan, a few hundred bucks and an afternoon are all it takes to change your species(albeit within limits; becoming, say, a dragon, takes more time and money and larger facilities, tho you can save time by prefabbing most of the body befor you go in, and major changes to the brain complicates matters) - it's made racism into something of a bad joke.

Tho most Kanuckistani cyberware is designed, if not EMP immune, then to fail non-catastrophically(tho you might be in a coma until they can repair the damage). And hardened, obviously; if it isn't EMP hardened, it might last a week befor someone busts a voltsink or something nearby and it catches a pulse.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Otagia wrote:
Kanuckistan wrote:I'm not sure what to post now - neither of you actually responded to me this round. :P
I'll see if I can't squeeze something in this post.

As for you, SC, stop that. I used to think I sacrificed quantity for quality, but now you're just making me look bad. ;)

You have no idea how hard it is for me to make a post about a battle. Peaceful character interactions, and character-based RPs are piece-of-cake for me because they don't require much of strategic and tactical thinking and of describing vast frontlines, all while still keeping with some significant character development, and avoiding altogether ORBATS and the usual uninspiring stuff of II war RPs.

The "Fall Schwarz", which is by extension part of Solar Communes history, is the utmost example of how I seriously sacrifice quantity for quality, considering it's nearly six months old and I have barely started describing the first offensives.

"Their Finest Hour" is another one. I actually intend to expand it to involve all the major battles of Third Commune against Global State, but writer's block is really bad in all my war RPs and stories.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Exactly the opposite for me - tactics and strategy come easy and naturally, while characters are hard to write, and they always come out feeling bland and flat.

Also, Otagia, just a reminder I skipped my turn, so there's no confusion - we're waiting on you.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

There is another curse I forgot about, and it's real at least till now:

"Any RP Started by Third Spanish States will remain unfinished"

Of course, most of my active RPs are nearly 6 months old, with intervals of weeks between each post.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Hey, I could always make my next post "And then Perfect Gentleman blew the fuck up." That'd end it rather quickly. ;)
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Otagia wrote:Hey, I could always make my next post "And then Perfect Gentleman blew the fuck up." That'd end it rather quickly. ;)
What about?

"An archeology team uncovered Einstein's grave in the blue planet and decided to carry it to another burial site in homage to his contributions to science. Then, the robot carrying it had an illegal operation and its interface spawned a peculiar blue screen, as it let the grave fell. During its fall, it rolled, making Einstein roll over in his grave. Relativity was destroyed with causality, and the entire universe collapsed into its n-space double."

Actually, I've been busy with Freespace 2 SCP and lots of user-made campaigns.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Just to point it, I'll post once Kanuckistan makes his reply again. This way the RP will be well organized and problems with timing mismatch will be avoided.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

The "every RP thread I start dies before ending" curse returns.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Not quite yet. Will get something up by Friday, I promise.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Duke Nuke Forever will probably be released before one of my active RPs is completed.