...as the footsteps of doom!

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Capsule Corporation
SHINY
Prefix: The Raysian Incarnation of the
Name: Capsule Corporation

Re: ...as the footsteps of doom!

Post by Capsule Corporation »

Umm... so you train ALL your guns on each missile? I thought the point of PD was to just use one gun per missile...
DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!!
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Raysia wrote:Umm... so you train ALL your guns on each missile? I thought the point of PD was to just use one gun per missile...
Depends on the range and what I'm trying to kill; if there aren't any closer targets, using multipule guns in predictive and/or boxing fire patterns increases the overall chance of long-range kills - it doesn't do much, but every bit helps, and it's better than leaving the guns silent.

This is how I was supporting the main fleet befor I started to draw fire; I didn't need the guns at the time, and I could kill some of the missiles headed for them.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

I'm supposed to be working, so I'll make this quick:

Raysia, remember that not everyone plays by the same rules or ideas. We're all coming from different directions in regards to our style, and most of us are going to be radically different. You are not in a position to constantly question whether another person's tech, strategy, nation, or whatever is up to your standards. I've mentioned earlier how your ship designs strike me as unsound, but as they are your creations, I did not find it necessary to harp on their structural weaknesses for page and a half. As long as the writing is there to justify it (and Kanuckistan has most certainly done that), then anything goes.

So might I suggest you step down from your high horse and play along.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Skeelzania wrote:(and Kanuckistan has most certainly done that)
I don't mind - can be fun, even - tho it's perhaps not the best place, thread hijack and all.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

God knows I do it plenty of pontificating too. Mebbe it is thread hijacking, but that wasn't what I was irked at. I don't want to sound mean, Raysia, but you're coming across as a bit of a nag.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Capsule Corporation
SHINY
Prefix: The Raysian Incarnation of the
Name: Capsule Corporation

Post by Capsule Corporation »

haha skeelz you take things way too seriously, I'm merely poking questions at people to understand them better... if you don't want to explain the workings of your mind to me, that's perfectly fine... but I'll keep using my fragile-looking ships as long as everyone keeps using their oversized pawns ^_^

Eh, the point is, if you don't want to defend the cool ideas floating in your head, don't respond to me! I love defending my crazy ideas, it helps me sort things out. if you notice, I do usually add the "I've been known to be an idiot" disclaimer on most of my posts :P
DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!!
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

I merely think there's a better way of asking then "wtf" and "buy some common sense."

Before I head off to class, though, I'll point out one apparent flaw in your reasoning that we should chuck our ships straight at the enemy. Analogy: Modern battleships had the most powerful guns and the strongest armor of warships in history. They also fought at distances that dwarfed all others until the widespread use of aircraft. Range, power, and armor were part of a self feeding cycle. More powerful guns led to a longer range, and necessitated heavier armor, which in turn led to bigger guns. In the rare cases when battle fleets did engange, they did so at very long range. Most of our fleets, I suspect, are heavily armored and powerfully gunned so they can survive such a standoff fight.

My ships close the gap mostly because I find that style of fighting more interesting, and adjust their designs accordingly.

Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Damn, that battle would be a lot messier if my fleet was kicking about inside there.

*ponders*

What's the FTLi in that fight like? What's the enemy point defense like? How would it handle 319,000 missiles appearing from all directions, doing merry, merry, crazy things.... like, uh... exploding?
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

I think the FTLi is just gravitic FUBARing, nothing too serious.

I'll probably be deploying my own FTLi next post, but it won't extend far enough to touch anyone else.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Kanuckistan wrote:I think the FTLi is just gravitic FUBARing, nothing too serious.
Doesn't that only really hamper those that use SW style hyperdrive, and nobody else?
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.