They're baaaaaaaack

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

I plan on entering but as of yesterday (I haven't checked today yet) there isn't an IC reason to step into the Clusterfuck of nations already there. The whole thought that if "all those present can't handle it then why would I toss in more" frame of mind.

I have lost ships to Shivan attacks before in two different Threads (failed RPs but they did happen) so I DO know about them both ICly and through examination of ESUS Records on the Shivan Wars in order to discover info on what attacked The Fates and my science vessel from the second Thread.

I guess I will be called in on second support after things heat up more.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Neo-Mekanta wrote: Image
Is that the GTVA Colossus, but Shivanized?
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Tell him what he's won!

... JACK!!

EDIT: Woohoo, and I have 12 posts on The Shivan Worldfleet. No more moderated status!

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Mekanta, do you have a timeframe in mind for the development of the eventual shivan war? It looks like there's interest so far, so I'm wondering how far it'll all pan out. Mostly because I missed the last shivan war by a couple of weeks, so I have no idea how anything like this will go (other than you won't make them ridiculously broken like US apparently did).

Also, goddamn clusterfuck.
;>
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Well, they have to be SOMEWHAT broken. Otherwise, we won't even have a Shivan War. ;)

I might participate, depending on how much my currently rediculous schedule drops off. And I don't even have a job yet...
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Xenonier wrote:so I have no idea how anything like this will go (other than you won't make them ridiculously broken like US apparently did).
Basically, you shoot at Shivans, they shoot at you. The only difference is that Shivans don't really have 'logistics' as we know it.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:The only difference is that Shivans don't really have 'logistics' as we know it.
*cough*

Actually...

... Am I the first person to have Shivan civillians?

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Yeah... You didn't shoost at me with your cains :< the new ones that is.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Neo-Mekanta wrote:Hey 'Nauts? One small glitch.

The Shivan Worldfleet doesn't land ground forces. Unlike Sithiboi, I'm of the opinion that a race that evolved in zero-G can't handle gravity so well, robotic exoskeleton or not.

Oh yes, and I'm most of the way done with the fighters for the Intelligent Report/Factbook regarding the shivans for the war.
Ok I will try and fix it.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Maybe the Shivans use wardrones for planetary combat? Assuming Mekanta even wants ground battles.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

What if the rescue team was in one of the derelict space stations?