HT gave me an idea..

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Godular
ESUS Wanktacular Specimen

Re: HT gave me an idea..

Post by Godular »

Trailers wrote:
Godular wrote:what would've been an act of war with durn near any SANE folk.
I thought ANY action with those DS was an act of war.
Not quite. They just start virtually any interaction with trying to see if the other bunch is a threat or not. Behave really nice and they'll start getting more amicable and chatty about various things. Behave not so nicely, and they'll bite peoples' heads off. The main problem I've been suffering in the Death Spectre threads is that nobody seems to be able to fathom the notion of being diplomatic... hence lots and lots of shit blowing up.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Godular wrote:
Trailers wrote:
Godular wrote:what would've been an act of war with durn near any SANE folk.
I thought ANY action with those DS was an act of war.
Not quite. They just start virtually any interaction with trying to see if the other bunch is a threat or not. Behave really nice and they'll start getting more amicable and chatty about various things. Behave not so nicely, and they'll bite peoples' heads off. The main problem I've been suffering in the Death Spectre threads is that nobody seems to be able to fathom the notion of being diplomatic... hence lots and lots of shit blowing up.
Make a closed RP with someone who won't go off and get into a fight with these guys, and keep it on the NS forums. Try to make the entire thing an example of good diplomacy so that others might learn.
This won't end well.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Do the DS even have, uh, y'know, trade or civil sectors?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Annexation wouldn't be something I could get into, to be honest. The Irregularity simply watches it's own culture expand, as opposed to force of arms.

Everyone else on the rap ... sorry, annexation train however would provide some interesting events to roleplay around.

As for lulz, little people nukulating themselves is nowhere near as lulz as slagging Trailers and Zest down to the same level (cavemen), and then giving them nukes when they get back up to the first FTL era. Come on CF, it's an idea the both of us can get behind. ;o
;>
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Ignoring the fact that whoever wins we lose, Zerstorendar would definitely win. We're just far, far manlier.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Manliness tends to pale in comparison to the nukage unleashed by these weapons they're giving to you.

Also, I could go on annexation tangents, but someone would either agree to be subordinate to me, which I doubt with the.....rowdiness of the newbies, or just go conquering many NPC or even a nooblet nation or two. Course, those would end up as clusterfucks probably.

Now, Godular, I participated in a couple DS's, and was annoyed with what happened myself. So, if you want, we could have some first contact between the Kelauan and the Spectres. I do not mind.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Xenonier wrote:Annexation wouldn't be something I could get into, to be honest. The Irregularity simply watches it's own culture expand, as opposed to force of arms.

Everyone else on the rap ... sorry, annexation train however would provide some interesting events to roleplay around.

As for lulz, little people nukulating themselves is nowhere near as lulz as slagging Trailers and Zest down to the same level (cavemen), and then giving them nukes when they get back up to the first FTL era. Come on CF, it's an idea the both of us can get behind. ;o
You're cute when you act stronger than me. =o

You and CF together would be trouble, but I'd leave a very large impact crater. Mutually assured destruction comes to mind. Sounds like a fun wargame we should pursue. =0
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Incorporated States of
Name: Miskonia

Post by Celestial Seibutsu »

Trailers wrote:Mutually assured destruction comes to mind.
Sooo not cool. I'm like, right beside you, if you go MAD, then I get the overwash. :cry:
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Aha, the lesson in bear-punching and general manliness given to the Trailarii by Zerstorendar is not enough, and now he goes after even bigger fish?

Can it be my popcorn tiem nao?
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Zerstorendar wrote:Can it be my popcorn tiem nao?
I made some popcorn, but I eated it.
This won't end well.