They're baaaaaaaack

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Metallinauts wrote:What if the rescue team was in one of the derelict space stations?
That would work.

And no, no plans for ground battles. It seems too out of character for the Shivans.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

blaesa wrote:Well, they have to be SOMEWHAT broken. Otherwise, we won't even have a Shivan War. ;)
Indeed. And hopefully in more than just numbers - endless swarms can get old quick. But Mek seems like he can create an interesting foe, which is the key to these kinds of things.

Neo-Mekanta wrote: And no, no plans for ground battles. It seems too out of character for the Shivans.

Well, if someone had, created, or faked a sufficiently tempting target, something the Shivans would really, really want to obtain intact(say, fleet deployment info, defence system codes, maybe a superweapon), you could justify them being drawn into a ground battle.

Be a great opportunity to illustrate weakness in the uberfoe; still nasty, but poorly geared and drilled for planetary ops. Something a skilled foe could exploit.

Of course, someone would have to come up with a sufficiently tempting target for a capture attempt, and successfully leak the information without tipping their hand if it's a trap.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

I may participate, but I'm going to the DDay Scenario game tomorrow, I'll see about it in the evening if I don't have a D20 game going.
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Scratch that, TFU is participating.

If anyone is in serious need of assistance I will lend a hand, I've got a fortress shield ship, a few battlecruisers, and a dreadnought who could drop by and lend a hand. But with TFU in the fray I won't be joining.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Siesatia wrote:Scratch that, TFU is participating.
Quick, Mekanta! Bring overwhelming force against him! :P
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Please God wipe out TFU. ._.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

That'd be the best ever, an ESUS-Shivan alliance in order to eradicate TFU.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

"Luring the Shivans to their doom" scenerio, unfortunately would only work once. After which, the Shivans would learn fast.

I may participate in this thread provided it goes on for awhile. My people are good choices to lie and wait planetside to wipe out the Shivans on the ground in a prolonged ground war. Better yet, we can lure them on a fairly high g world and possibly jam up their anti-grav equipment - if were lucky. Furthermore, the leaked info need not be genuine - if you know what I mean....

However, the shivans are not stupid -- they won't fall for it twice.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Unlike IB's Shivans, Mekanta's Shivans are smart enough not to attack planets. I think they prefer to simply glass them out from under you.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

The only gravity > 0 environment I pictured the Shivans attacking is some kind of space station.

Of course, in that example, I also pictured a few hundred brightly glowing sapphire eyes, the stench of carrion in the air, and a savage battlecry of "OUR PENISES ARE NOT OF NEGLIGABLE SIZE REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE MEKANTANS TOLD YOU!!!"

And in other news... I spoilered some aborted plots for the Shivan War...

At one time, the Shivans were going to be from an alternate universe. Not too important, except they had a single ally who would assist them as the war got worse. A nation that was a provisional member of ESUS during this universe's Shivan War. A nation that no longer exists as a cohesie state in this universe, so far as anyone knows. This was, of course, scrapped for taking the spotlight away from the Shivans.

SHOCKANDAWE!?

I had considered having an Ancient race show up. Creators of the Shivans. Then I found a reasoning that wouldn't involve pulling a new race out of my ass AND didn't take the spotlight away from the Shivans. Hell, it even gave the Shivans development.

Amazing, if true?

Not an aborted plot, but I've gone so far as to think about the Shivan reproductive process. Damn my attention to detail! I DO NOT NEED TO THINK ABOUT SHIVAN SEX, DAMN IT!!!

And that's it. For now.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote