Need Help Breaking the "Third Spanish States Curse"

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Re: Need Help Breaking the "Third Spanish States Curse"

Post by Solar Communes »

I just overestimated the comm lag for the dramatic effect. 8)
Classic NS first contact - as soon as someone randomly shows up, everyone else just happens to stumble in.
Nope, the "Classic NS first contact" would involve dogpiling and a defeat only not made absolute through justifiable plot device of "x runs away from home world invaded/nuked/lol to begin anew".
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Otagia wrote:...what one of my ships would do when out of comm range with the rest of the Regency.... Should be interesting to see what they have to say about ... their Kanuckistani tail. :D

Ask to borrow his phone? :mrgreen:
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Solar Communes Information Technology: When something that begins with "K" and ends with "istan" is mentioned to a database search computer, expect a soundtrack of the 39 centuries old "Borat" as the first answer.

What else could you expect from AIs raep'd by /b/ ?

http://threatcon-1.livejournal.com/28031.html
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Otagia wrote:<snip>

^
Just waiting for this guy to post.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Sorry, working on a second post as we speak. Labor Day weekend was a tad busier than previously anticipated.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

I'll wait for Kanuck reply before continuing on. Like in Deus Ex, their brain Datalinks can queue simultaneous transmissions which is just the least it could do, and it always record them together with the memories of their own for replay. The "amnesia" plot device and beaten like a dead horse trope is no longer an applicable for Solar Communes and for any sensible FT civilization.

Of course, some get so deep in replaying the past memories stored in their brains that they forget of the present. But to each new technology there are cons to behold... and the potential threat of a hacker getting everything of your intimate life and memories and uploading them in the New Internets also is one of them.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Otagia, you seem to have missed the part where I tightbeam'd you in my second-to-last post.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Blech. Knew I was missing something. I'll get an edit in soon.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

In a 1 vs. 1 conflict, I could expel any of your own fleets from my universe Otagia.

Although I admit it would be an unfair dogpile have Solar Communes and my puppets Law of Inertia, Law of Special Relativity, Second Law of Thermodynamics Etc vs. Otagia.

Solarians are very pacifist with most human-centric civilizations so that's very unlikely unless they get a visitor that already arrives shooting. Also, they honor their treaties despite all. Although a rogue private agency might get into trouble sometimes, specially when You have one Blackwater in every corner and a much larger fleet of mercenary forces than the "official" one.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

I might debate that, given aforementioned "conversions" involve flinging large masses at you at c-fractional velocities from inside the Warp, where your precious Newtonian physics no longer apply. Mind you, the masses chucked at you might spontaneously convert to sheep shortly before exiting the Rapidity, but hey, mass is mass. ;)

Anyway, as I really have no intention of ever shooting at you, I think the point is rather moot. :D