...as the footsteps of doom!

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Re: ...as the footsteps of doom!

Post by Sskiss »

I'd like to interject here. I was going to play a part in this earlier and eventually decided against it. What bothered me is that its hard (and I do mean hard) to keep a few hundred highly wanked ships a secret for obvious reasons. The way things are going so far, that single fleet would chew through my stuff and not even work up much of a sweat. Which in turn begs the question. Why don't they come after someone, like say, CF? Or even myself? I suspect that the crew of these ships are elven or at least mainly so. I would think that they would want revenge against CF (again, for obvious reasons)even if he is now a more benevalent republic...

Scenerios like this should be ironed out with all participents well before the RP begins, otherwise confusion ensues. I was confused, and as a result, didn't know where exactly where my tridactyl feet stood regarding the RP and my part in it.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arenumberg wrote:...the person who didnt read the RP properly, a summary of what happened at Morakan.

ONE Cruiser appeared from nowhere, facing 100 Vessels from the Sornei fleet under an extremely competent commander. The cruiser proceeded to attack this fleet, eliminated everything that was too small to take it and managed to cut a few big holes in anything big and fat, and blew up anything too slow to get away in time. The cruiser took no damage, The fleet that faced it is now stuck waiting for replacements to be built and repairs....

Oh, I read that, I just didn't realise it was a bog-standard cruiser; I thought it was a dreadnaught or other heavy-hitter.

As for details, I wasn't asking for stats, just a five-minute fleet list and some idea as to their relative strengths.

Arenumberg wrote: Kanuck youve made your insane decision to go headlong into the formation of these, prepare to be shot at accordingly my dear :D. - The bombardment of NC is simply part of the plot and so the ships are wanked to the extreme as a consequence. Not personal.
It's not nearly as insane as you might think, even if they are a hell of alot nastier than I'd first thought.

For starters, I'm actually falling back to a range of two light seconds. That does alot in and of itself - I'm fighting smart, and have solid advantages to play to.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Either way im not fighting to defend the plot device any more than I already have - i already feel awful as it is and this stuff just eats away at any remote motivation i had for posting.

Dont read that how it sounds, im not getting at anyone. Im just saying.
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Sskiss wrote:What bothered me is that its hard (and I do mean hard) to keep a few hundred highly wanked ships a secret for obvious reasons.
I dont beleive they were. They arent owned by Arenumberg, they are owned by a NPC who only has one RP to ever involve itself in and this is it. The majority came through in the RP, the Wormhole created in Vanimar.
Sskiss wrote:Why don't they come after someone, like say, CF? Or even myself?
They left for their own reasons, mainly to do with genocide, the sting in the tail being in their course for revenge this is the very thing they have been, and are now continuing to do on a far more grandiose scale - It has nothing to do with race and more to do with moral issues relevant to the past of Arenumberg itself.
Sskiss wrote:Scenerios like this should be ironed out with all participents well before the RP begins, otherwise confusion ensues.
Well we were hoping that was what this thread was going to be used for, but people didnt or couldnt think of anything to ask.

Anyway, thats me for now, going to go pop some pills weeeeeeeee.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Sskiss wrote:Scenerios like this should be ironed out with all participents well before the RP begins, otherwise confusion ensues. I was confused, and as a result, didn't know where exactly where my tridactyl feet stood regarding the RP and my part in it.
This was ironed out, quite a while beforehand. It's a tricky matter, however, to balance out revealing too much of the plot beforehand, robbing it of all surprise and power, and saying nothing at all. We have tried to find a balance as best we could, and at all indications it is working. So do not be so eager to call a clusterfuck, especially when this is on the whole proceeding infinitely smoother than the goatropes the alliance has gotten entangled in before.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arenumberg wrote:Either way im not fighting to defend the plot device any more than I already have
I was never attacking it, just trying to get a better picture. :wink:

HDTV has spoiled me. :mrgreen:
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

(Reading some of the Edits to post has given me a better idea now, and made most of these points moot)

Yeah. I'm the one who should be defending my actions if anyone (need more explody!). Its entirely possible that we've just missed the informaiton, but I think Kanuckistan and I want the same thing: just kind of a general description of the enemy fleet and their numbers. Them being super-powerful and outnumbering us by thirty to one* doesn't bother me, really. I'd just like to know what I was shooting at, to get a better idea of how to write my posts. They're mostly Sornei designs, right? I think I read that somewhere. Though it sounds to me as if these Dreadnoughts are the newer ships that Sornei intelligence couldn't account for.

To reiterate though, the fleet itself isn't bothering me, and I'm pretty satisfied with how things are going so far (though the Skeelzanians most certainly aren't! :D)

And as a final point, I doubt I'll be directly posting about NC unless the battle breaks off or an actual invasion begins. The Skeelzanians aren't all that dug in and probably won't survive a lengthy bombardment in meaningful numbers.

*Spontaneous figure determined by relative sizes of Fleet Symbols on the map and/or pulling it out of my ass
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Capsule Corporation
SHINY
Prefix: The Raysian Incarnation of the
Name: Capsule Corporation

Post by Capsule Corporation »

People build their ships like they're designed to be in large groups... it's so weird... no one ever uses self-reliant vessels anymore... the more ships you have, the more targets the enemy has... and its a lot harder to be sneaky or tactical when you have a giant wall of force.

Everyone keeps using world war 1 tactics rather than modern tactics... this space battle seems like trench warfare... a line on one side, another on the other side, and a no-mans land between... If everyone stops standing still or staying constantly outside of weapons range, we might get somewhere...

I mean, here's what I see right now:

Well what if we attack like this? Just a bunch of clusters instead of a group any idiot could take pot shots at...

This way, the enemy has to fire in many directions, instead of one, and they have to defend in all directions, instead of just covering one side. not 1-side, not even 2 sides, just go all over them.

Am i an idiot or something?
DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Also, Kertai's plan will go into action Friday. I believe everyone involved has made their answer.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

The rebels are using Sornei ships, the rebels arnt here, this is a completely alien navy.