General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Re: Need Help Breaking the "Third Spanish States Curse"

Post by Solar Communes »

Luckily, there are no elves inbound.

Take your time. I have "active" threads in NS that I have taken months to reply to.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Post should be up within the hour.

Also, if you really would rather talk to Tzeentch, I have this puppet that would be happy to oblige you. ;)

Also, what's your opinion on me accidentally introducing you to hexagrammatic wards?
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Otagia wrote:Also, if you really would rather talk to Tzeentch, I have this puppet that would be happy to oblige you. ;)

Also, what's your opinion on me accidentally introducing you to hexagrammatic wards?
1) Chronosia already done that.

2) This isn't the Lord Believers from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri(although I have a MT puppet which would come close if transposed to FT). "Fundies in Space" just doesn't seem an interesting idea to me.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Annika will literally gouge her eyes out once she discovers that by extension her actions made an alliance with the Mekantans.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Solar Communes wrote:Annika will literally gouge her eyes out once she discovers that by extension her actions made an alliance with the Mekantans.
Wouldn't a race of 4channers celebrate being allied to a race that embodies /d/ (mixed with some gurochan)?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

I'm not sure what to post now - neither of you actually responded to me this round. :P
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Wouldn't a race of 4channers celebrate being allied to a race that embodies /d/ (mixed with some gurochan)?
Not all of them are Anonymous. People who still work usually aren't. Plus, their hatred of Xenos comes first, as does their anarchist political ideals and their standing for the cause of liberty, human liberty, to be more exact. In fact, seeing the Mekantans will be a good piece of propaganda in the style of "Genocide is the only solution for Xenos. Neo-Mekanta is the only evolutionary outcome of Xenos we didn't kill. Kill the Xenos. Secure Our Freedom."

Kanuckistan, sorry for the lack of direct replies, but basically my character had nothing further to speak.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Kanuckistan wrote:I'm not sure what to post now - neither of you actually responded to me this round. :P
I'll see if I can't squeeze something in this post.

As for you, SC, stop that. I used to think I sacrificed quantity for quality, but now you're just making me look bad. ;)
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote:In fact, seeing the Mekantans will be a good piece of propaganda in the style of "Genocide is the only solution for Xenos. Neo-Mekanta is the only evolutionary outcome of Xenos we didn't kill. Kill the Xenos. Secure Our Freedom."
I was under the impression that the actual Mekantan species was descended from human stock?

Solar Communes wrote: Kanuckistan, sorry for the lack of direct replies, but basically my character had nothing further to speak.
I kinda saw this coming, actually, a few turns back. When you follow character motivations above furthering the plot, or otherwise act unconventionally, it tends to happen.

And given that pretty much every well known xenocidal civ has been hunam, Tiber discovering himself adrift and disabled on the doorstep of a previously unknown, isolated hunam nation, well, you'd be rather unenthusiastic too. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, those friends he's mentioned won't be arriving for an IC day - that's already pushing plausibility for the sake of plot, IMO; I'd originally pegged it at a week, but without a pressing reason to further interaction, that doesn't look like a very tenable position.

Otagia wrote: I'll see if I can't squeeze something in this post.
I can see about a half dozen or so options for you there, from direct reply to the content of the post, to inquiring after the fact Tiber apparently has open comms with people back home while you don't(which by extension means he might be able to get your guy a line to his nation via the ESUS Battlenet, if nothing else), to commentary and discussion about the locals, to narrating PG's meeting with Annika, or offering a direct feed thereof. Etc.

I also made sure Tiber dropped atleast a few tidbits for SC to consider; hints at both culture, and rather different tech(ie, "Neutronium fuel cell? WTF?"). In fact, if Annika was sharp, she probably could have garnered rather more information than Tiber would have wanted to give up. :wink:
Otagia wrote: As for you, SC, stop that. I used to think I sacrificed quantity for quality, but now you're just making me look bad. ;)
Oh, good. Glad I'm not the only one feeling like that.

Anyway, looks like I'll skip my turn. Otagia's turn now, then.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:I was under the impression that the actual Mekantan species was descended from human stock?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/ ... inatus.jpg

Once human, but human NO LONGER ! !

And there's a reason why it's called propaganda too. Anyway, once they realize it, then they'll just claim Nazi humans from another reality gave origin to the Mekantans.

Most ironic of all is that most Solarians shouldn't be classified as humans, from a scientific standpoint. They are so heavily modified, and so interdependent with the machines in their bodies that an EMP could kill one of them if it broke through the electronic hardening.