I think I was just offered a job...

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

I think I was just offered a job...

Post by Otagia »

So I've been chatting with a friend of my family (well, a friend of a friend of the family) via e-mail, who happens to run a software company, and he sent me this:
The fact that of 180 people at my private-portfolio software company, not one person both knows our product, the marketing and technology spaces around that product, *and* can string English words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs is becoming more and more of a crisis for our marketing efforts. We hired a guy some months ago for a salary just a shade under $100K, and he has proven a total illiterate. I am wondering if we should take a flyer on some young person with no experience at all, but a super-high verbal ACT and a fascination with computer software technology.
Needless to say, I fit the description (perfect score on the ACT verbal section) and he knows it. While I can't actually take the job until the Summer at least, I'm currently torn between being stunned and doing a happy dance a la Captain Tagon.

So yes, crossing my fingers and praying fervently right now that I didn't just jinx it.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum