Fallout 3

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Blademasters
Site Admin

Fallout 3

Post by Blademasters »

For those that haven't seen it, Bethesda has released a teaser trailer here: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Fall '08? Damn.

Dibs on the avatar, though!
Last edited by Steeler [Crawler] on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I don't like his pauldrons. They're too ugly and industrial.

It's awesome that he's with the Brotherhood though.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:I don't like his pauldrons. They're too ugly and industrial.
Pfft. I like my future (or post-apocalyptic destopia, anyway) to be scrap-iron and clunky. Want carpets, doors, and things that won't put eyes out? Go watch Star Trek =P
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

I suppose I can understand that. I certainly want Grit in FO3... but really, the Brotherhood is the last bastion of civilization; I expect the power armor they venerate to have a 'cleaner' appearance. :P

Yeah, overall the Brotherhood was my favorite faction in the Fallout universe. All that power armor... Bringing civilization to the wasteland... Purging the unclean... Mmm...
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Sound like more of an Enclave man to me, personally. Hard to beat Horrigan.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

I liked the Enclave's higher tech and power armor... but they just struck me as totally insane. Maybe because they were trying to wipe out the Brotherhood. :P

I mean, the Enclave had their chance to prosper and they blew it. :P
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Brotherhood?

Gods I hope not...

The Brotherhood of Steel is in the west. FO3 takes place in the east. Washington DC and such.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Neo-Mekanta wrote:Brotherhood?

Gods I hope not...
Too late. You can even see the Brotherhood of Steel emblem on Skeelzania's Avatar's breastplate. :P
The Brotherhood of Steel is in the west. FO3 takes place in the east. Washington DC and such.
Either it takes place across the whole US (which would be rather neat) or we're dealing with the 'new' Brotherhood from Tactics. Or the Brotherhood is expanding east with the aid of Vertibirds provided by the Chosen One.
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Too late. You can even see the Brotherhood of Steel emblem on Skeelzania's Avatar's breastplate. :P
Well, at least us NMA'ers are probably right about Bethesda fucking it up.

"Glittering Gems of Hatred" indeed. We were right about FO:PoS.
Either it takes place across the whole US (which would be rather neat)
Continuity reset wouldn't be too bad. I mean, it's not an optimal condition, but it's better than raping canon...
or we're dealing with the 'new' Brotherhood from Tactics.
Tactics was not, is not, and will never be canon.

Fun... but not canon.
Or the Brotherhood is expanding east with the aid of Vertibirds provided by the Chosen One.
This... This isn't THAT bad...

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote