k buy

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

k buy

Post by The Mindset »

I'm moving out in seven days time. I will be living on a much reduced budget, and, more than likely, the ESUS domain will not be renewed come November. I'll shunt it to a subdomain on illspirit.co.uk where it originally was, though (though I'll be retiring that domain at some point too).

I will have no time for maintainance or regulation of the boards, and no time for continuing Disunity. As of now I can officially say that it's for all intents and purposes cancelled.

If anyone is so inclined I'd be more than willing to transfer ownership of the ESUS domain name, should someone else want to take over management. The hosting will remain up, and I can be contacted via PM/email if something goes wrong that only I can fix.

So, effectively, is this a pretty much permanent goodbye. It's been fun.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Re: k buy

Post by Torontonias »

I had suspicions that the ESUS was in its twilight the last few months, but this pretty much confirms it.

It was an interesting and thought provoking run, and with you at the Helm for most of it Mindset, we all salvaged just a wee bit of our collective sanities.

Good luck with your next step in life Mindset, and hopefully don't forget about the little group on the Internet that we used to call Virtual home.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

I might be interested in taking over the domain, though I would not be able to pay it myself i.e. we would all have to split the cost. I want to keep this alive. That or we could feasibly set up shop on a free forum like every other alliance.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I will always have hosting and a domain active, so even if esusalliance.co.uk disappears the ESUS site can remain up, but somewhere else.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

If I had a credit card I would probably host the site. However, I, in my usual (and sometimes ruthless) efficiency would cut out deadweight useless threads like the "b" section as a good example.

Mindset, I hope whatever choice you make in life is set with challanges that you will overcome because only through these will you grow.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

My choices in life are pretty set, I'm moving out to attend a highly prestigious art school in another city. The city happens to be a capital, and therefore twice as expensive as my home city, meaning my rent is twice as expensive.

I undoubtedly will be able to host the ESUS, it's the domain name that will probably not be renewed.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Oh yeah, I'll release Disunity under a Creative Commons license if anyone wants to try to continue it.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

*Shrug* I can pay for the domain name, I guess. Shouldn't be much of a problem, I think. Who are you using right now? I was thinking GoDaddy, as they're rather cheap...

...Would I get a prize? ;)
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

blaesa wrote:*Shrug* I can pay for the domain name, I guess. Shouldn't be much of a problem, I think. Who are you using right now? I was thinking GoDaddy, as they're rather cheap...

...Would I get a prize? ;)
I use 123-reg.co.uk for cheap UK domain names.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Any way you could transfer it to GoDaddy, or that we could use a non- .co.uk domain? It's just that GoDaddy is so much cheaper ($7 for a year instead of $5 a month), and my wallet is not THAT flexible.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum