Need some help here...

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Re: Need some help here...

Post by Indra Prime »

Yeah, I concur with Kanuck. Most members would be quite klepto when dealing with information obtainable from the alliance. I know my nation was.

Also, TI, I'm gonna need to discuss the changes of the RP with you so please hop on AIM/MSN so we can discuss the matter. Timing is also important, so the sooner the better. Thanks.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I am on, whenever you need to talk.

I didn't know that. Well, you could take notice that something seems to have altered the files, a failed deletion attempt you noticed, and then you go to investigate.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

TI, youre gonna need to IM me whenever youre on, cause every time I'm on youre either not online or in stealth mode so I cant see when youre on.

TCA, feel free to IM me and we can discuss what you want to do in more detail and I'll be happy to provide my viewpoint for you.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

What is your name? I don't know who you are.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Terran Imperium wrote:What is your name? I don't know who you are.
TexBEagle I believe. Or something like that.

Edit: TexBGEagle, actually. Email has something to do with escient.com
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

I found him via Chronomancer Sies. But thank you. ^^

Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Terran Imperium wrote: I didn't know that. Well, you could take notice that something seems to have altered the files, a failed deletion attempt you noticed, and then you go to investigate.

Well, my people probably wouldn't notice unless someone tried to hack into Kanuckistani systems on the ESUS HQ base.

Which couldn't really acomplish much(even ignoring all security), as most copies of the ESUS Database Archive I'd've made(including all changes ever made, kinda like wiki) won't be stored locally, much less be connected to a network(and those that are would be on read-only devices).

Which in turn means the best way to hide something is to leave it alone, burried amoungst an enormous mountain of data, and do nothing that might draw attention to it.

I imagine it'd be similar with most others.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

Well....then...I am out of ideas.

Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Terran Imperium wrote:Well....then...I am out of ideas.

Well, if you OOCly want people to notice, changing the data on the "alliance servers" as originally suggested would provide a potential IC reason for those who OOCly want to to investigate, while ICly it could have simply been an ill concieved attempt at removing said same information* - it's just that you won't be able to touch those copies people've archived.

*remember, people make mistakes, and characters can too; I've intentionally had my characters make stupid decisions several times in the past, either to make things more entertaining, or simply because it was the in character thing to do. Mind, however, that this can create OOC conflict when, say, your nation's leader decides to foolishly attack the kidnappers, and the other player doesn't realise you actually expect to see him die after a short fight(especially if you OOCly had no idea there would be such an incident, and so over-equiped your leader for fluff reasons).
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

True, although considering I am in the Whence the Gods Came thread, the ESUS will be alerted to their return, seeing as they identified themselves as the Telrosian Dominion.

You could try to followup on the information and go to their home system, and the rp could happen there?

EDIT: Maybe a combo of both? I don't know, im just looking for things to do but their shyness is killing me.