Charities in your nations

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Charities in your nations

Post by Allanea »

As some of you know, my leader, Alexander Kazansky, enjoys comitting awesomely huge-scale scams in which he rips governments of various nations of their beloved cash. Most recently he persuaded a nation to give him their entire gold reserve (don't fucking ask).

The point is, he and his partner in crime, Kevin Nivensky, have in their possession such huge bundles of cash that getting rid of all of them at once, in Allanea, would distort my economy.

I don't RP Kevin much, so I just sort of assume he has his (far huger) bundle of cash hidden away somewhere.

But I decided (because I'm bored) - the Alex is going to spend most of his money on either charity or mindless luxury (like a private droid army or Alcarinqua, the palace planet).

So, what charities do you have? Or artwork available for purchase?

Note, I am not looking to blow the entire mindblowingly insanely overkill sum on a single object. I am looking to get as much RP out of the (fictional) money as possible.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Re: Charities in your nations

Post by Sskiss »

You realize that the ESUS alliance contains some of the most vilest scum of the galaxy, right?

Charities, you got to be kidding! :mrgreen:
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

That is a very valid point. but still.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Sskiss wrote:You realize that the ESUS alliance contains some of the most vilest scum of the galaxy, right?

Charities, you got to be kidding! :mrgreen:
Speak for yourself. The Intergalactic Red Swastika is one of the foremost producers of refugee aid packages in the universe. It is also co-incidentally one of the foremost producers of chemical weapons in the universe.

Edit: Allanea, if you're looking for outlets for spending oodles of money, why not fund lots of revolutionary movements? That seems very in-line with the guy's personality.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

That's true, and I will at some point. But right now I'm sort of bored of blowing stuff up.

But if there are either any charities or any wonderful luxury items I can purchase from your nation, do not be shy and name them here.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

I dunno - Kanuckistan might not be post-scarcity, but it's close enough that what poor there are can get by off random generosity, so there wouldn't be any large ones.

Tho Chateau du Kanata(Kanuckistan's top vintners, located on the capital world of Kanata in the Home Cluster) has got some bottles of spiced blueberry wine that are almost 1500 years old - aged to perfection then placed in molecular stasis.

Tho you'll be lucky to get a bottle, no matter how much cash you throw at them.

Also toying with a gel a few years back, with variable optical properties determined by exposure to microwaves of different frequencies, and similar materials. Used to make animated 3D sculpture, often by hand - sometimes with complicated and/or variable animation loops measured in days, weeks, or years. Cheap versions can be made by computers, but minimally augmented artists working by hand can get top dollar.

There are also high end tech-toys, weapons and armour, and cutting-edge warships, but you don't seem to be looking at those now.

What about a multi-lightsecond-across billboard in sol-system?
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Given the semi-communistic state of my economy (DISCLAIMER: Still a booming private sector, it just happens to be composed mostly of art objects and other unique luxury goods, due to the fact that we're post-scarcity. Don't nuke me), charities are largely unneccessary. The only real one that exists (the Black Hope) is there to sponsor sentients for Citizenship, and thus is probably unsuitable for any sort of donation from outside powers.

That, and see previous comment about semi-Communism.

As for luxury items, can't really come up with much right now, too tired. Will see what I can think up later tho.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

As for luxury goods, I'd offer elvish slave girls, but I'm afraid that slavery is illegal in Facehuggerian territory now. As are all other forms of racial discrimination. With reparations having been paid to families of the victims of the elf extermination camps.

Speaking of which, I'd suggest not bringing slaves into Facehuggerian territory. They are considered free sentients the moment they cross the border, and anyone found holding or trafficking slaves in the Second Imperium is declared non-personae and is subject to immediate incarceration and likely execution.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

Theres a rumor floating around that Pleasure Planet Rhetalia might reopen its 'doors' for business. You might consider purchasing an estate there. The land is pristine, absolutely no pollution (save natural sources, and even that is minimal) and was at one point in very high demand. When the planet is reopened, It'll probably become so again. Estates can be very expensive there, so it'll be a great way to shed those unwanted credits. :D It'll be worth every cent. Just ask around.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Piggy backing off IP.. I could sell you my estate....